• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P!ss-take job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private companies working on gravy-train public sector contracts. Kerrrrrching. Bottomless pits of money.

That's where I've earned silly wonga.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      I have been offered 735 and I've told the agent I'm happy to walk if they don't pay up - as that is what they are paying for my colleague doing the same job as me, through the same agency. My suspicion is that the Agent has been creaming off the difference.
      Good luck, it seems the agencies are really taking the pi55 now more than ever. A mate got offered a job on $500 a day and has just accepted it at $850 a day through a different agency. Disgusting the way they are acting IMO.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
        housing and general living is cheap as chips in the n/w so it wouldnt be that bad for a local job.
        Is it? Can't say that I've ntoiced that in the last 52 years.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

In these tulipy times I had to take a role on £13.50 ph, less than half what I used to get.

I just had the agent on the phone with an offer of an extension if... I take a 10% cut. They might as well have turned up on site and kicked me in the balls.
          Gissa job

Comment

Working...
          X