• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A question for the expats...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Black
    So how can they get the resident parking permit when they've still got UK plates on the car?
    The definition of "residence" for parking purposes is probably quite different from that for other purposes, such as vehicle registration.

It is a different question whether the insurance company is properly aware of where the vehicle is normally kept.

Comment

Used to be in Denmark that a UK registration just would not go into the Parking Permit system, so you could not get a residents parking permit. Yet it had a wonderful upside: the same software was used in generating parking tickets, so you never got one...
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        The definition of "residence" for parking purposes is probably quite different from that for other purposes, such as vehicle registration.

It is a different question whether the insurance company is properly aware of where the vehicle is normally kept.
        As far as I know, here in Belgium, you can still get the residents parking permit even if you're a foreigner residing here temporarily, e.g. on an assignment. The full two year ones, which are the ones I meant, of course imply a different 'legal' status...

As for insurance its just a case of shopping round, e.g. www.stuartcollins.com who offer such cover, though of course the premium might be higher.

what happened?, Milans disappeared

Comment

Its the midday tape change cycle
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
          X