• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was that really the Stig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Nah, the James May documentary on the Apollo moon landings, just afterwards, was better.

Top Gear is puerile tosh. That's why I like it.
    WHS. Good to see:

(a) James May winning a race
    (b) Clarkson looking like a member of Kiss

Comment

Funniest bit was the state Clarkson was in at the end of the race. Collapsed in a heap in the hotel bar covered in muck and coal dust
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I used to like Top Gear, but it's tedious now.

Time for them all to retire.

Comment

If you search for the HSE report on Hamonds accident I suspect it's no coincidence that Ben Collins has his name plastered all over it.

Though sometimes people do send their own drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I used to like Top Gear, but it's tedious now.

Time for them all to retire.

I think there's a fairly long list of programmes which should be ditched long before Top Gear, isn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
              Ferrari wouldn't let the stig drive the car, so they sent schumacher.

That's why the stig made schumacher look rubbish in the reasonably priced car at the end. He was pi$$ed.
              And they say drink driving's dangerous?

Comment

For a second i think maybe, he is retired and perhaps top gear him pay well.

Then i remember the guy is already a $billionaire...

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
                  For a second i think maybe, he is retired and perhaps top gear him pay well.

Then i remember the guy is already a $billionaire...
                  New Stig has been on the programme for a lot longer than Schumacher has been retired. He'd never have had the time to be The Stig whilst racing, even if Ferrari had let him, and even if he felt the need to work for The BBC whilst earning £26m per year elsewhere (it was something like that).

Apparently you could see Schumacher's private jet parked in the background.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    New Stig has been on the programme for a lot longer than Schumacher has been retired. He'd never have had the time to be The Stig whilst racing, even if Ferrari had let him, and even if he felt the need to work for The BBC whilst earning £26m per year elsewhere (it was something like that).

Apparently you could see Schumacher's private jet parked in the background.
                    Even Schumacher's agent has a private jet!

Comment

Ladies and Gents - Herr Stig isn't Schumacher, surely. It's Ben Collins.

Comment

Working...
                      X