• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freesat.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are? I've never seen anyone claiming a standard FreeView box can display HD channels.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Not really. Many people choose to buy 1080i rather than 1080p because it's only on blu-ray you can take advantage of it. Many claim normal TV is better on 1080i TVs, and nobody broadcasts full-HD transmissions (and probably won't anytime soon).
      HD ready isn't 1080i. It's 720i. As you say everybody broadcasts 1080i, so anybody watching on an "HD ready" TV isn't getting full HD.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        HD ready isn't 1080i. It's 720i. As you say everybody broadcasts 1080i, so anybody watching on an "HD ready" TV isn't getting full HD.
        True, but if you can tell the difference on a screen size below 40'' you've got better eyesight than me (and most I'd imagine).

I know Sky used to broadcast the sports channels in 720 (to keep the frame rates up???) but I think that's stopped now.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
        X