• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dumbing down continues.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    To work out the number of days in successive months it's far easier to use your knuckles than that laborious poem - Hold out your left fist, face down, and count in from the knuckles of your little finger, including the hollows between each knuckle.

You should reach the index finger knuckle at july, whereupon you start from that same knuckle and count back the other way. Dunno how this will turn out in proportional spacing, but let's give it a go:

(___)___(___)___(___)___(___)

__J___f___M__a___M___j___J -->

_________D__n___O___s___A <--

So then every month with 31 days lands on a knuckle, and the rest (including february) fall on a hollow between two knuckles, indicated in lowercase above.
    Or you could just continue onto the other hand.....
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Seize
      'C' sound?

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        Or you could just continue onto the other hand.....
        But then you'd have to change fingers, and I was trying to keep things simple for Cybertory
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          But then you'd have to change fingers, and I was trying to keep things simple for Cybertory
          I think changing fingers would be easier for him than changing direction......
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            i before e
            except before 'c',
            before silent 'gh'
            or before silent 'g'

That covers most cases.
            After
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Grammar is absolute nonsense and I refuse to learn it. There are more exceptions than rules, even applies in French which is highly regulated.

I do fine, never get loose with my lose which seems alarmingly common.

Where & were does get me though....usually I just pick one at random.
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                I think changing fingers would be easier for him than changing direction......
                CyberT changes hand at least twice a night..... he likes to think it feels like someone else is spanking the monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  After

Is there yet a name for the law which says any internet post relating to speling or grammer has to contain a spellin or granma error?
                  Last edited by RichardCranium; 22 June 2009, 14:19.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X