• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FI teams in breakaway threat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Young Lady of My Acquaintance
    I think if your a bloke it's actually a criminal offence to go anywhere near a formula 1 car without one, unless you are the driver or part of the pit crew?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      IMO for too long Max and Bernie have been running it like their personal fifedom.

I am only suprised it has not happened before.
      Been threatened before - hope it sticks this time, but I bet it won't.

Comment

Young Lady of My Acquaintance
        Has she got a mate?

'elf and safety guru

Comment

What happened to A1 ?
          F1 is ridiculous now - it all seems to depend on the tyres.
          They should have robot driven cars and lots of crashes .
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
            What happened to A1 ?
            F1 is ridiculous now - it all seems to depend on the tyres.
            They should have robot driven cars and lots of crashes .
            Umm, don't they all have the same tires these days?
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              I think if your a bloke it's actually a criminal offence to go anywhere near a formula 1 car without one, unless you are the driver or part of the pit crew?
              WHS but she bought the tickets, which was very kind of her!

Comment

WHS but she bought the tickets, which was very kind of her!
                Hotel booked for the night? Champagne on ice?

WTF are you doing posting on this forum? Get in there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Umm, don't they all have the same tires these days?
                  Not at the same time. Few of the races seem to have been won on tyre strategy rather than brilliant driving (there's been some of that too).
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I read somewhere that Bernie gets 50% of the income from F1?
                    Which is why most of the teams are peeved about the whole situation.

They're being told that they have to make long serving employees redundant because apparently there isn't enough money to sustain F1 - yet half the money gets siphoned out of the sport...

I'm not sure it all goes to Bernie himself as I believe he sold on part/all of the rights to a venture capital firm, but still a big wedge...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                      Which is why most of the teams are peeved about the whole situation.

They're being told that they have to make long serving employees redundant because apparently there isn't enough money to sustain F1 - yet half the money gets siphoned out of the sport...

I'm not sure it all goes to Bernie himself as I believe he sold on part/all of the rights to a venture capital firm, but still a big wedge...
                      http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...19220453.shtml

"To make things simple, effectively CVC purchased the rights from Bernie Ecclestone and his collection of companies. Ecclestone had previously purchased the commercial rights from the FIA for a 100-year period.

Now the precise details regarding the financing of the deal is complex and tedious, but CVC borrowed the reported two billion plus US dollars to purchase the rights to the series. Bernie Ecclestone was retained as CEO at CVC and remained in control of the sport he had nurtured and developed.

Now with massive debt to pay, CVC needed Ecclestone to go out there and make some serious money. New venues with state funding willing to pay top rate for a Grand Prix were given the nod by Ecclestone as the series began its drift away from its traditional heartlands of Europe and North America, to new venues in the Far East."

Two billion to buy out Bernie...

Comment

Working...
                      X