• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

63 inch plasma all in one purchase and installation ? its heavy (68Kg)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Under the WEEE regulations (Reg 26 I think) your supplier, in this case John Lewis is responsible for recovering and recycling your your electrical goods.

Remind them of that, especially if you are planning to buy a new TV off them.

HTH

P.S. Your eyesight must be fooked if you need a TV that big
    How big are the individual pixels on a large screen like this? At say 59 inches across and at 1920 resolution, that's over 1 mm per pixel. Does the TV have many more than 1920 pixels and do some kind of antialiasing? Or do you just have to sit a long way from the set?

Comment

Insurance job...if they rumble you, just say you made a mistake and pay them back, seems to work for everyone else.

Comment

Put it on eBay - someone will pick it up from you - and pay you for it....

I've seen loads of "faulty" Plasmas on there, and they always seem to attract at least a couple of bids
        <<< The Crazy Never Die >>>

Comment

John Lewis have a heavy lifting team for deliveries like this. I know this because I have a very heavy and very big wooden bookcase from them that their people had to lift up to my fourth floor flat. Two 'normal' guys actually turned up and wouldn't do it, even though I offered to help! So I had to wait an extra week for their "heavy lifting team" to come and do the job. No extra charge either.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
          X