• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a mess !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Only 1 parety can get us out of this mess. The LibDems.

The party with the brilliant economist Vince Cable who stated that there was a 100 Billion pounds black hole in Northern Rock finances which caused immense panic and has proven to be a complete lie. He also pushed for the nationalisation of the Rock which was totally unnecessary, proven by the fact that all debts to HMG have effectively been repaid. Thanks Vince,,,, we certainly need you as Chancellor !!!

Comment

Does debt like this mean high inflation is to come?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Does debt like this mean high inflation is to come?

Absolutely inevitable as the money supply will have increased drastically even without the quantitative easing. The pound is also weak, and this will also unfortunately mean correspondingly much higher interest rates and taxes to cure inflation and pay back debt over the medium term which Labour will try to blame on the Tories.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Absolutely inevitable as the money supply will have increased drastically even without the quantitative easing. The pound is also weak, and this will also unfortunately mean correspondingly much higher interest rates and taxes to cure inflation and pay back debt over the medium term which Labour will try to blame on the Tories.
          Feck, I'm about to become cash rich and asset poor, i.e selling my flat and renting.

Comment

blah blah Labour always run out of money blah blah public sector borrowing blah blah everything wonderful under the Tories zero crime and no babies ever die, full employment for stockbroker belt (which is all Tories care about) etc etc

Yeah right.

This news just in - politicians of all colours are (sometimes) lying imcompetent impotent fiddlers - Tories not any different, Labour just as bad and most of the rest irrelevant due to our fuedal voting system.

Comment

The party with the brilliant economist Vince Cable who stated that there was a 100 Billion pounds black hole in Northern Rock finances which caused immense panic and has proven to be a complete lie. He also pushed for the nationalisation of the Rock which was totally unnecessary, proven by the fact that all debts to HMG have effectively been repaid. Thanks Vince,,,, we certainly need you as Chancellor !!!
              Yeah cos the Tories really have all the answers - my arse.

Comment

IS the pound that weak right now? Just because a pound was worth two dollars for a couple of years, that coincided neatly with the housing boom and other delusions of wealth... $1.60 is hardly that low historically is it?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Actually, I think that the Labour stooge Peston (so much of a toady the FT refer to the BBC as Pestowire) was more to blame than Vince Cable.

As a PhD qualified economist I'd trust him a lot more than I'd trust the current PM - even with his PhD in history.

Comment

What about a windfall tax on the public sector
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      What about a windfall tax on the public sector
                      I'd vote for a windfall tax on CyberTory.

Comment

Working...
                      X