• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police 'illegally' stopping white people to racially balance stop-and-search figures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's a chavesty.
    Chavesty
    When the bling is gone and you cant go on
    Its chavesty
    When the baby cries and you dont care why
    Its hard to bear
    With no-one to love you youre
    Goin nowhere
    Chavesty
    When you lose your dole and you got no soul
    Its chavesty
    When the car tax cries and you dont know why
    Its hard to bear
    With no-one to love you youre
    Goin nowhere

(with apologies to the Bee Gees)

Comment

It might help if some police could differentiate between those likely to be involved in criminal/terrorist activities and those that are. I have seen the other side of this as I have an Irish name and I once came back from Northern Ireland in an old van at the height of the troubles. It was reasonable that I be given a grilling at the port but they were very rude and aggressive.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        It might help if some police could differentiate between those likely to be involved in criminal/terrorist activities and those that are. I have seen the other side of this as I have an Irish name and I once came back from Northern Ireland in an old van at the height of the troubles. It was reasonable that I be given a grilling at the port but they were very rude and aggressive.
        You are confusing the thick racist pigs that make up the Police with the ignorant racist pigs that they employ in Customs.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          ...I once came back from Northern Ireland in an old van at the height of the troubles. It was reasonable that I be given a grilling at the port but they were very rude and aggressive.
          This is one reason why the police have such poor relations with many different groups of people. If the police were to explain politely why they feel they need to search you or question you, making it clear you're not under suspicion of anything, you might be quite happy to go along with their request. If however they approach you in a rude and aggressive fashion then you're going to come away with a pretty bad impression of the police; you tell a few of your mates, the story goes around and hey presto the police have made themselves a bit more unpopular than they already were.

This is really basic stuff; don't police officers get taught any basic social skills in their training?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            PACE gives plod the right to detain you and take you to the station to confirm your identity. Why?
            Only if they have reason to suspect you aren't telling them the truth. If they did that to me it would be IPCC and lawyers at dawn. That will all change of course with ID cards - then it will be a demand to see your papers.

Comment

This is old news surely? I thought most people had been aware of this for a while.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                PACE gives plod the right to detain you and take you to the station to confirm your identity. Why?
                PACE also gives you the right to refer to a copy of it should you be arested. When they detain you the have to arrest you and read you your rights, respond with something like "I do not recognise the validity of those words and wish to exercise my right to refer to a copy of PACE - the Police and Criminal Evidence Act of 1984".

They can't move you until they have given you a copy to read - usually involving someone else from the station bringing the folder out to you.

Comment

I played squash against a detective a few years back and I will never forget the conversation where he stated that he could tell whether people were guilty just by looking at them.

Nowadays, I play regularly against a mate who is a firearms expert, who is slightly more human !!

Comment

I was at Heathrow airport the other week and the security staff at the X ray machines were all Asian, the sight of them searching all the white grannies and grandads was ridiculous, taking their shoes and belts off and rooting through their handbags etc.
                    Meanwhile a dusky looking woman in a niqab strolled straight through without being searched carrying what looked like a massive bottle of propane gas.
                    It really is political correctness gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                      I played squash against a detective a few years back and I will never forget the conversation where he stated that he could tell whether people were guilty just by looking at them.

Nowadays, I play regularly against a mate who is a firearms expert, who is slightly more human !!
                      A what? You do talk some sh!te.

What are his qualifications for being a "firearms expert"?

Comment

Working...
                      X