• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Levyfor broadband Britain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why have they dug up Martha Lane Fox?

She did wonders with the lolly she got from floatation
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      No, you're jealous. Because there's more Porsches, Ferraris, Bentlys and Bollinger bought in Cheshire than anywhere else in the UK except London.
      Sounds like a mixture of cheap housing and chips on shoulders. And women who are orange!

PS: I live in London btw.

PPS:

Bentleys
      Cats are evil.

Comment

They also announced an upgrade to the digital radio network. You know that DAB thing that nobody uses! I have it in my car and it's fine in built up areas but rubbish when you drive out of towns - but I can't get all the stations on it anywhere up north
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          They also announced an upgrade to the digital radio network. You know that DAB thing that nobody uses! I have it in my car and it's fine in built up areas but rubbish when you drive out of towns - but I can't get all the stations on it anywhere up north
          I've use DAB and I love it!

Although I only listen to Classic FM, and BBC Radios 4&7. Don't care about the rest and there is no fraking chance of me ever going up north in this quantum reality.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Don't get me wrong - I like it, I listen to planet rock all the time when I'm driving about. It's just annoying that it is so badly implemented. I checked on the postcode checker and it indicates that I can get some sations and should get other. Well I can't get the whole lot with Kerrang on it unless I drive down to Birmingham - and I'm not about to start doing that. But this still somehow means they have met their 90% target of coverage - I'd say 90% of partial coverage. But without full coverage you are not going to get people to take it up, especially when internet radio gives tons more stations.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              Sounds like a mixture of cheap housing and chips on shoulders. And women who are orange!

PS: I live in London btw.

PPS:

Bentleys
              Lucky you. You need to change your user ID to "LoadsaMoney".
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Why cant people move to where there is a fast broadband conection FFS?

If people want to live and the countryside, have slow broadband and spend their spare time molesting squirrels then fine. Let em.
                *Never knew 5 min walk from Canary Wharf was the "countryside" (best con I can get is about 1.5mb)

But that said...why are we paying a "tax" for a private network? (belongs to BT and other telco's)I t's not like we are all going to get subsidised/free broadband for this.

And 2mb min? In this day and age they should be aiming for everyone to have min of 8mb or more
                Last edited by Not So Wise; 17 June 2009, 14:16.

Comment

Working...
                X