• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

chipped tile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Cow catcher I thought.

PZZ

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-cow-catcher.htm

You should really start a new thread for something so trivial as this one is dedicated to a serious matter.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
      http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-cow-catcher.htm

You should really start a new thread for something so trivial as this one is dedicated to a serious matter.

PZZ
      Wow, invented by Charles Babbage.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

oraclesmith, that's what I want.
        If that doesn't work just take 3 deep sniffs. You won't give a sh1t then
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Just ignore the chipped tile
          Relax and have a beer

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            Relax and have a beer
            And fit a cowcatcher to your Aygo.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I always get confused between the toilet - the actual think you tulip in - and the room. For a moment there I thought you had a toilet made of tiles!

Anyway...if it were me...I'd replace it. Its pretty easy to remove a broken tile. Remove the cement below and replace. Then redo the grout.

If the house was forsale I'd just leave it.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Relax and have a beer
                I could ignore the chipped tile. But there is a transitive 2-step relation that you are not taking account of:
                Partner does not ignore chipped tile.
                I do not ignore partner.

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Anyway...if it were me...I'd replace it. Its pretty easy to remove a broken tile. Remove the cement below and replace. Then redo the grout.
                If it were me, I'd replace it too, if I had a spare. I keep spares but the previous owner did not.

Comment

Swap it with a tile that isn't in a conspicuous place (being careful not to chip the good one when you take it off).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Swap it with a tile that isn't in a conspicuous place (being careful not to chip the good one when you take it off).
                    Good thought. (though as I said, if I were careful I wouldn't be in this position...)

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      Good thought. (though as I said, if I were careful I wouldn't be in this position...)
                      Yeah, I think it's a bit of a mare trying to get a tile off a wall without chipping or cracking it. You'd have at least two chipped tiles to handle afterwards. But the good news is that once you've got one tile out, the rest (perhaps a dozen or more by this time) will be much easier to remove.

Comment

Working...
                      X