• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeff Randall on Labour's evil master plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed Bogeyman, Mandelson has no elected mandate nor can he be unseated unless he commits a serious criminal act, his appointment (and that of Alan Sugar) is totally anti democratic. While my views on British democracy are well known on CUK, enobling (sp?) the likes of Mandelson make it look even more shambolic which I didn't think was possible.

As others have pointed out the argument that Labour have created an unemployed benefits underclass is absurd as Thatcher and Major oversaw a massive increase in unemployment a sizable proportion of which they moved to disability to reduce the official figures. Labour haven't made it appreciably worse in real terms. There are quite a lot of people in their 30's and 40's who've never actually worked for a living (I don't mean contractors obviously) and are raising the next generation of utterly unemployable, benefits dependant scumbags.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

The 'Ponce of Darkness' on the other hand is a creature whose very existence depends on the prevailing weakness of democracy in this country. To further his ends, he will aim to undermine our democracy still further.

We are effectively being 'conditioned' to accept unelected robber barons in positions of great power, as though it were a perfectly reasonable thing, rather than the insult to democracy it really is.

Where was the outcry from the gallant press corps about Mandelson snatching the reigns of power? Oh, I see - they were too busy being outraged at Griffin.
      Totally. LOL @ the 'Ponce of Darkness', the thought police will be after you now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Right so you mean when the Tories increase the number on social security the voting patterns are uncontollable they have no ulterior motive. BUT when Labour do it they are doing so to get more votes
        I am not a labour apologist like you, but you tell me what interest the Tories have in perpetuating/increasing the underclass.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I am not a labour apologist like you, but you tell me what interest the Tories have in perpetuating/increasing the underclass.
          Neither of the electable parties have an interest in creating an underclass, they generate no tax income and cost a hell of a lot in benefits, policing, jails and social issues. To claim that either party really wants this sort of waste of space in the country is totally rediculous.

What has been pointed out repeatedly is that the governments of both complexions have both created plenty of unemployed and unemployable in the last 2-3 decades.

Comment

Working...
          X