• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a tooth pulled out under general anaesthetic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After GA, drink plenty of water to flush the drugs out of the system - but maybe that's only after major surgery...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I really wish I hadn't just read this thread. I've finally registered with a dentist after years in the wilderness and am thinking about getting my gnashers straighten which is going to involve extractions.....

Comment

had a top wisdom out last year - nhs dentest said he'd give it a go or he would refer me to a private job.

Based on the "give it a go" comment, had the private done for about £300 which involved drip in the arm for a sedative - seriously didnt remember a thing bar telling the nurse it wasnt working then remember singing in my brothers car on the way home

best dentist experience for years

Comment

Had two impacted wisdom teeth removed years ago under GA - had no option. Worse part was when they removed a tube from my nose when I started to come around - felt like my brains were being sucked out - oh and I was also dying for a peeeeeeeeeeee. Try communicating that to someone when half out of it but i managed to and somehow safely had a leak - ahhhhhhhhh.
          Best part was after a second sleep I woke up to find a sexy redhead nurse bending over right in front of me bed - oh joy.

Comment

I had my 2 lower wisdom teeth removed under general anaesthetic in an NHS hospital some years ago. I wasn't allowed to eat anything for 12 hours prior to the op. I went in at 10:00am was prepped and had the surgery done by 12:00. I was conscious by 14:00 but not able to get up and walk about until around 15:00 as I was still quite groggy. By 20:00 I was discharged. Don't try to rush about afterwards as you'll chuck up (like I did). I also looked like a chipmunk for a week.

There's always a slight risk they'll damage the nerves to your tongue - it took about a week for my taste buds to get back to normal.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              That's what happened to me...
              Perhaps it's a hallucinogenic effect of the drugs, to turn dentists into stunning redheads gagging for it?

Comment

My best friend at uni was on a dentistry course: when he got his own practice I was his first patient and needed to have four fillings.

Whilst he wanted to do the injection-into-gums on four separate occasions I was less than impressed with this offering and instead took him up on his offer of GA .

I was out for about an hour, needed to be driven home, and after that went to bed for a few hours so I could form a nice salivary pool on the pillow (sexy, not).

Anything my dentist wants to do now that involves more than a check-up? GA is the way

Comment

Working...
                X