• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chart of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. However there is enough equity in all of them to survive any but the most intense downturn. Anything up to 30%.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      And what that person thinking when buying house at 3.75 - that the rate will be at its lowest value forever?

By the way morgage rates are typically higher than BoE rate - this means that 1.75% increase was actually on a higher number than 3.75%, thus representing smaller overall increase.

How is your morgage doing anyway?
      Good, it's came down recently. It could double and the bank wouldn't be repossesing my house. Just curious as to why you're so interested in house prices AtW - are you waiting for a big crash before plunging in or do you plan on paying someone else's mortgage forever?
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
        Just curious as to why you're so interested in house prices AtW - are you waiting for a big crash before plunging in or do you plan on paying someone else's mortgage forever?
        I have purely academical interest to the topic - if prices halfed now I would not have bought house since I prefer to invest my money into something that should give much better return - SKA.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          I have purely academical interest to the topic - if prices halfed now I would not have bought house since I prefer to invest my money into something that should give much better return - SKA.
          But you pay rent, yes?
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Sadly I agree with a couple of AtW's posts. I shall hang my head in shame...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
              But you pay rent, yes?
              Yes - I pay £315 for 50% of 3-bedroom (big!) house, huge living room, 2 big bastard gardens with half price council tax and other bills in a fantastic location - those on this board who know Harborne would agree.

How much and what do you pay for snaw? Please breakdown your monthly payment into interest+repayment.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Yes - I pay £315 for 50% of 3-bedroom (big!) house, huge living room, 2 big bastard gardens with half price council tax and other bills in a fantastic location - those on this board who know Harborne would agree.

How much and what do you pay for snaw? Please breakdown your monthly payment into interest+repayment.
                Well I pay a £350 mortgage for 100% of a 3-bed house in Zone 4 of London. Admittedly the mortgage wasn't always this low but I'm gald I bought when I did becuase I'm now sitting on 275K of equity in this property alone.

Should i decide to buy the house of my dreams at some point, my house will yeild a rental income of around £1450pcm which will go towards paying for the mortgage for my next place.

Trust me .... it beats renting.

Comment

Yes but it you were to buy a tiny little property like that for 275K now, you'd be

MAD

Now lets do the sums

Sell your house for 275K, invested at 5% (easy peasy) gives you over a grand month income, rent a flat for £1200 (again easy peasy) means renting you'd be 350 smackeroonies better off.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 October 2005, 14:25.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ALM
                    Well I pay a £350 mortgage for 100% of a 3-bed house in Zone 4 of London. Admittedly the mortgage wasn't always this low but I'm gald I bought when I did becuase I'm now sitting on 275K of equity in this property alone.
                    How is that you manage to pay £350 a month for property worth 275k? Did you buy it when it cost 60k? What's the pure interest rate on your loan and what's the repayment?

Comment

Would you care to elaborate? Why would you be mad?

Comment

Working...
                      X