• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smoking ban cop-out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    It's not clear what consistutes 'food' either.
    This whole piece of legislation is a piece of crap. They should either bar it altogether and risk alienating smoking customers, or else just leave the market to decide what should be non-smoking and smoking establishments. As I said before, there is plenty of choice and most non-smokers or anti-smokers in large cities and towns have many places they can go if they want to avoid smoke, therefore smoke is NOT imposed on them at all, as is suggested.
    Agree with total ban or no ban, but I'm struggling to agree with the rest. Non smoking pubs are pretty bloody rare, in London anyway, and landlords will go with the smoking option cause they know people will go along with it cause they always have.

If this arguement was flipped in on it's head and we'd been down the path of non smoking pubs for a few years I bet you'd find a very different story. IMO it's only because we're used to it we accept it (We being the non smokers). I see absolutely no difference from a non smoking office or public transport as I do a non smoking pub - what was once acceptable is now unacceptable and EXACTLY the same thing applies to pubs, once you've experienced the other side for a while.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
    X