• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian Outsourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had an interview for a project that is being rolled-back to the old one. Why? Because they outsourced the new system and it just doesn't work!

Company are now looking for a dev contractor to re-instate and look after the old system over 6 months.

They are then going to outsource to a different company! Do they ever learn? Where will be the plenty savings?

It's as though the entire industry has been brain-washed into outsourcing, whatever the cost, just don't cave into greedy local people.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Its very odd that when IT is the future we get treated like scum and the future of the country outsourced.

No wonder this country is f**ked.
      I thought Garlic Bread was "the future"?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        I thought Garlic Bread was "the future"?
        I'm not having any of that foreign muck!

Comment

Clientco are seriously considering dumping their development "partners" in Bangalore.

For the amount of money (40% of a UK contractor) they take three times as long to do the project, and need somebody to hold their hand every step of the way.

Even the discalcics among us can work out that's not the best way of doing things.
          Last edited by Moscow Mule; 5 June 2009, 07:37.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Clientco are seriously considering dumping their development "partners" in Bangalore.

For the amount of money (40% of a UK contractor) they take three times as long to do the project, and need somebody to hold their hand every step of the way.

Even the discalcics among us can work out that's not the best way of doing things.
            This is something that many of the early adopter offshore outsourcers discovered years ago, only to bring it back in-house later on. What you have mentioned added to the internal business friction created turns a well corporation into a sick one.

The only winners, in this country, are the outsourcing "consultants" who slither from one ailing company to another to spread their blight. Just how do they get away with it?

Comment

Seen an offshore team quote 100,000 for a job, when costs hit 10,000,000 clientCo eventually had to bring it back to a UK team who ended up rewriting it.

clentCo since then have moved hundreds of UK jobs out to India. Someone somewhere in that place must be getting tulip loads of backhanders.

Comment

Careful - you'll be accused of being racist.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                  This is something that many of the early adopter offshore outsourcers discovered years ago, only to bring it back in-house later on. What you have mentioned added to the internal business friction created turns a well corporation into a sick one.

The only winners, in this country, are the outsourcing "consultants" who slither from one ailing company to another to spread their blight. Just how do they get away with it?
                  Sometimes I win too. The Guys over here in Europe also outsource to India
                  which means that there is always a demand for an english speaker on the project in order to communicate to the Indians.
                  (Most Germans can't understand Indian english.)

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                    Sometimes I win too. The Guys over here in Europe also outsource to India
                    which means that there is always a demand for an english speaker on the project in order to communicate to the Indians.
                    (Most Germans can't understand Indian english.)
                    Most English can't understand Indian english.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                      Most English can't understand Indian english.
                      Quite a few don't want to!

Comment

Working...
                      X