• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spelling and grammar police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    So who's sockpuppet are you really?

There's a touch of Tay about you ...
    That is THE most insulting thing you have said to me all day.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      That is THE most insulting thing you have said to me all day.
      Really?
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Really?
        Yarly.

Comment

So what is the consensus?
          Are "we" going to stop nit-picking about the odd typo that slips into posts maintaining the option for humourous effect?

Or I am just plain stupid expacting any consensus....

Comment

I did say that everyone makes mistakes. I did say that there were probably errors in my post. Practically everyone thereafter completely ignored my point, in the rush to find errors in my post.

My point is not that there is anyone, least of all me, who never makes a mistake; and especially not that no-one should ever make a mistake. My point was that mistakes are mistakes and should be seen as such, not simply as some sort of natural variation in linguistic ability; and that people should in general try not to make mistakes, rather than condemn those who happen to notice them.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              I did say that everyone makes mistakes. I did say that there were probably errors in my post. Practically everyone thereafter completely ignored my point, in the rush to find errors in my post.

My point is not that there is anyone, least of all me, who never makes a mistake; and especially not that no-one should ever make a mistake. My point was that mistakes are mistakes and should be seen as such, not simply as some sort of natural variation in linguistic ability; and that people should in general try not to make mistakes, rather than condemn those who happen to notice them.
              So, what your saying is, we all make mistakes, its just some are more mistaken than others.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                So, what your saying is, we all make mistakes, its just some are more mistaken than others.
                I am saying that mistakes are mistakes, and should be acknowledged. Attacking those who notice a mistake, rather than the person who made it in the first place is very New Labour. Polcitical correctness run riot, that's what I say!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Obviously.

Come on, live with it! If you can't be bothered to spell correctly or punctuate then expect the odd ribbing, and let's be fair, that's all it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Obviously.

Come on, live with it! If you can't be bothered to spell correctly or punctuate then expect the odd ribbing, and let's be fair, that's all it is!
                    Orly?

No wai!! I can haz a foo mistaykes withawt your may-king fun of mii and I can haz an angry when youz makes fun of the wayz I am talkings! We allz makings mistaking from times to times ohkay, gett of yourz hi whorse okai!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Obviously.

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                      Orly?

No wai!! I can haz a foo mistaykes withawt your may-king fun of mii and I can haz an angry when youz makes fun of the wayz I am talkings! We allz makings mistaking from times to times ohkay, gett of yourz hi whorse okai!!
                      The difference being that every-so-often a really immature twat raises his ugly zit-ridden face. For you dear boy, we have the comfy chair!

Comment

Working...
                      X