• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eastenders set to blown up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Yeah, whatever. Definitely no knockers in that story.

This is bugging me:

That will leave you 99% behind him. 10% of 110% is 11%, so if you backtrack by 10% you will go down by 11% from 11% to 99%.

You need to be backing him 111.11 recurring %.
    Brilliant, I think I have a new sig.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

EastEnders is a preposterous show.

The racial demographics portrayed are that of the East End in approximately the mid 1950s - except for the conspicuous absence of Jewish folk.

All the white East Enders moved out to Essex years ago. They are not still there knocking back gin and lime in some cosy neighbourhood boozer and having 'kneesups' and singing 'My Old Man Said Follow The Van' to the tinkling of the 'joanna'.

Nor are they running market stalls or 'greasy spoon' cafes (kaffs), pie and mash shops, whelk stalls, or similar Cockney enterprises.

The East End has always been a settling place for new immigrant communities, and nowadays is predominantly populated by Pakistanis.

Times change, but the tired cliche of the cheery Cockney is an anachronism. Why do the BBC insist on portraying an East End that vanished decades ago? And why is it so popular?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
        Brilliant, I think I have a new sig.
        Glad to be of service.

(But it had been bugging me for days.)
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I think, for some, East Enders is an instruction manual on how to live their lives.

Gawd 'elp us all.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            I think, for some, East Enders is an instruction manual on how to live their lives.

Gawd 'elp us all.
            Good for you.....

Comment

Is you 'aving a go, guvn'er ?

Right, no yanking the barnet, this is right and proper fisticuffs innit ?

Rick.....yyyyyy
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I fe<king hate Eastenders and infact any soap with a passion

mindnumbing crap with storylines based around other peoples misery

designed for the mindless masses who like nothing more than to wallow in other peoples misery so that it makes their own sad shallow squalid lives look worth living

it runs and runs because the government want it to - the new opium of the masses.

probably

Comment

If he's found out will Phil Mitchell chop his nob off or does it depend on "which end of the horse" he is ?

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    EastEnders is a preposterous show.

The racial demographics portrayed are that of the East End in approximately the mid 1950s - except for the conspicuous absence of Jewish folk.

All the white East Enders moved out to Essex years ago. They are not still there knocking back gin and lime in some cosy neighbourhood boozer and having 'kneesups' and singing 'My Old Man Said Follow The Van' to the tinkling of the 'joanna'.

Nor are they running market stalls or 'greasy spoon' cafes (kaffs), pie and mash shops, whelk stalls, or similar Cockney enterprises.

The East End has always been a settling place for new immigrant communities, and nowadays is predominantly populated by Pakistanis.

Times change, but the tired cliche of the cheery Cockney is an anachronism. Why do the BBC insist on portraying an East End that vanished decades ago? And why is it so popular?
                    Bengalis

Otherwise, true.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                      Bengalis

Otherwise, true.
                      You are indeed correct HAB.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X