• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eastenders set to blown up"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I fe<king hate Eastenders and infact any soap with a passion

mindnumbing crap with storylines based around other peoples misery

designed for the mindless masses who like nothing more than to wallow in other peoples misery so that it makes their own sad shallow squalid lives look worth living

it runs and runs because the government want it to - the new opium of the masses.

probably
    I agree with most of that and could apply it to 90% of tv

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    That reminds me of a listener's suggestion on the radio many years ago. In their plot, the combined casts of Emmerdale and Coronation Street took a charter flight to Spain, which crashed into the Crossroads set, wiping the lot of them out.

P.S. What did happen to Benny? Anyone know or even care?
    Oi be caring

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I actually walked out the Star Trek Film last week, I thought to my self warp drives don't exist and I have never seen a vulcan so why am I here?. Or is that fiction?
    It's fiction, but not as we know it, Jim.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    EastEnders is a preposterous show.

The racial demographics portrayed are that of the East End in approximately the mid 1950s - except for the conspicuous absence of Jewish folk.

All the white East Enders moved out to Essex years ago. They are not still there knocking back gin and lime in some cosy neighbourhood boozer and having 'kneesups' and singing 'My Old Man Said Follow The Van' to the tinkling of the 'joanna'.

Nor are they running market stalls or 'greasy spoon' cafes (kaffs), pie and mash shops, whelk stalls, or similar Cockney enterprises.

The East End has always been a settling place for new immigrant communities, and nowadays is predominantly populated by Pakistanis.

Times change, but the tired cliche of the cheery Cockney is an anachronism. Why do the BBC insist on portraying an East End that vanished decades ago? And why is it so popular?
    fic·tion (fĭk'shən)
    n.

An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been invented.

A literary work whose content is produced by the imagination and is not necessarily based on fact.
    I actually walked out the Star Trek Film last week, I thought to my self warp drives don't exist and I have never seen a vulcan so why am I here?. Or is that fiction?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied

The racial demographics portrayed are that of the East End in approximately the mid 1950s - except for the conspicuous absence of Jewish folk.

All the white East Enders moved out to Essex years ago. They are not still there knocking back gin and lime in some cosy neighbourhood boozer and having 'kneesups' and singing 'My Old Man Said Follow The Van' to the tinkling of the 'joanna'.

Nor are they running market stalls or 'greasy spoon' cafes (kaffs), pie and mash shops, whelk stalls, or similar Cockney enterprises.

The East End has always been a settling place for new immigrant communities, and nowadays is predominantly populated by Pakistanis.
    Hear, hear.

Times change, but the tired cliche of the cheery Cockney is an anachronism. Why do the BBC insist on portraying an East End that vanished decades ago? And why is it so popular?
    Wind back 10 years or so and I had a mate whose mum was a proper Cockney. She found the show intensely depressing as it seemed to consist predominantly of one miserable git moaning at another miserable git. There were very few cheery Cockneys in view.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    Rats, I literally thought you meant that Eastenders Square was going to be blown up and the series ended.

Shame. I would have paid money to see that. (so long as it meant that it was taken of the air)
    That reminds me of a listener's suggestion on the radio many years ago. In their plot, the combined casts of Emmerdale and Coronation Street took a charter flight to Spain, which crashed into the Crossroads set, wiping the lot of them out.

P.S. What did happen to Benny? Anyone know or even care?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It's a joke based from a comedy show based on the missuse of 110%. Trust someone on CUK to take it literally. God knows what you get up to if someone tells you to go Fook yourself
    Are you comparing me to Fooker? Kewl!, thanks!

That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in ages!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Yeah, whatever. Definitely no knockers in that story.

This is bugging me:

That will leave you 99% behind him. 10% of 110% is 11%, so if you backtrack by 10% you will go down by 11% from 110% to 99%.

You need to be backing him 111.11 recurring %.
    It's a joke based from a comedy show based on the missuse of 110%. Trust someone on CUK to take it literally. God knows what you get up to if someone tells you to go Fook yourself

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Bengalis

Otherwise, true.
    You are indeed correct HAB.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Bengalis

Otherwise, true.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    If he's found out will Phil Mitchell chop his nob off or does it depend on "which end of the horse" he is ?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I fe<king hate Eastenders and infact any soap with a passion

mindnumbing crap with storylines based around other peoples misery

designed for the mindless masses who like nothing more than to wallow in other peoples misery so that it makes their own sad shallow squalid lives look worth living

it runs and runs because the government want it to - the new opium of the masses.

probably

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Is you 'aving a go, guvn'er ?

Right, no yanking the barnet, this is right and proper fisticuffs innit ?

Rick.....yyyyyy

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I think, for some, East Enders is an instruction manual on how to live their lives.

Gawd 'elp us all.
    Good for you.....

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I think, for some, East Enders is an instruction manual on how to live their lives.

Gawd 'elp us all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X