• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's Your Favourite Dr Who?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac
    Blakes 7 I can handle. Quality show that. Dr Who was utter rubbish though, I can't believe so many of you keep going on about it. The "villains" look like they were made on Blue Peter, and Pertwee was scarier as Wurzel Gummidge.
    What do you expect for a special effects budget of 75p an episode?
    Oi, I resemble that remark. We can't help the way we look.

Mind you, I think my good friends, the Krotons, could have made more of an effort.

Last edited by Scaroth of the Jagaroth; 25 October 2005, 14:32.

Comment

Scariest wheelie bins I've ever seen...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
        Quality show that. Dr Who was utter rubbish though
        I know, but it was made with love. Can you say that about your flashy Deep Space Nine or Babylon 5? Impressive effects, but where's the love? Where's the cheesy but strangely appealing 70s kitsch?

Having said that, there were a couple of great The Outer Limits. VALERIE 23 being a classic
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Well said, Slave. Dr Who was a labour of love and a triumph of creativity over budget. Voyager and the like are just by the numbers American tosh.

Comment

Christopher Ecclestone

is the only one I'd liked to get locked in a phone box with, if ya know what I mean...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And you a married woman. Is there no morality left in this country?

Me and half a dozen semi naked Daleks in giant tub of Swarfega. Now you're talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                Jon Pertwee, because he was the one I first remember seeing as a young 'un.
                Ditto. I've never watched it since.

Comment

Working...
                X