• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone working in Kazakhstan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Got a mate who's just moved out there with one of the big oil companies.

Say's most of the country is a tuliphole, but there's one great town/city to live in. Canny remember the name though ...

No use to you I imagine, but apparently the local 'scenery' is pretty spectacular too.
    Almaty?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Undoubtedly the best jobs in Kaz are those on a 4x4 rotation however, they're hard to come by. Usually those jobs are direct with the Oil Co's like Chevron and Eni who are big out there. Jobs with the oil service co's and the EPC's tend to be on a much worse rotation like 6x2. I'd do it if starvation was the only other option, but I've avoided it so far as I've only ever known one guy who said it was OK. Many others have said to me it's a s**thole.
      I've seen a 4x4 rotation contract. Day rate. So does that mean no billing for the off-month, half the year ?

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
        I've seen a 4x4 rotation contract. Day rate. So does that mean no billing for the off-month, half the year ?
        Correct, this week there was a job punted around on a 28x28 rotation for £700 a day. A cool nearly £20k per month worked. Not bad for a part time job. Actually, I could be tempted by that, nearly. They'll be flooded with CV's for that, no doubt.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Woo, interesting, I can speak Russian and I've been to KZ. Almaty is ok but Astana is the main place now I think.

I went to Uralsk tho....

I was also promised a trip to Baikonur to see a rocket launch but promises weren't kept.....

Kazhaki people are pretty ugly (not my words, those of my russian friends) - look like eskimos, but the ethnic Russians are nice if u like the Slavic look.

Kazhak language is a bit like Turkish ISTR...

Comment

Another Lazarus thread?
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
            X