• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

unbelievable !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob a few people, steal from shops, switch your gas meter back to front and anything else you can think of, until you get caught and dont be shy about it, then the state will give you a roof over your head and food on the table. Basically cos your a hard working, tax paying respectable citizen, working on his own steam you have less right to claim from the state that a criminal. Can't beat them join them...

Oh by the way when you go to sign on and do sign on, something to do with NI contr you have to fill the book at the back on what you have done to find work. Mine reads "Worked for cash in the hand 3 days so I dont have to pay tax"

What can they do? - not stop my benefit I'm not entitled to any according to them.
    Last edited by uky kozak; 27 May 2009, 15:55.

Comment

As I have been working either through my own limited co using paye and dividends or in recent years just working paye through the agent, essentially, although I think different if you have children, many of us contractors will have to have to put up with approximately zero financial help over the next year or two if we are unemployed.

I just cannot believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by isthatright View Post
        As I have been working either through my own limited co using paye and dividends or in recent years just working paye through the agent, essentially, although I think different if you have children, many of us contractors will have to have to put up with approximately zero financial help over the next year or two if we are unemployed.

I just cannot believe it.
        Yep. You and uky kozak are correct.

If I were to fall upon hard times in this country, I would have to conceal my many years of self-employment and forge a new identity as a low life petty criminal in order to suck at the teat of the welfare state.

The scum of the earth are entitled to no end of benefits, regardless of what tax or NI they have (n)ever paid. The hard-working, self-sufficient man or woman is entitled to sod all.

And there, in a nutshell, is one of the prime reasons for the rot at the heart of this nation.

Reward failure and dependency. Punish enterprise and self-sufficiency.

Labour and Tory alike have been just as keen, over the decades, to stamp on the 'little man'.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          The hard-working, self-sufficient man or woman is entitled to sod all.
          Huh? Benefits can be claimed by anyone who needs them. If you've got 50k in the bank, you don't need them. Can you imagine what the tax bill would be like if the "hard-working, self-sufficient man or woman" had to support everybody who was out of work, regardless of bank balance? We would be paying out for all those MPs who have quit for a start.

No mate - if you have a bank full of money, use it. If you are hard up - then the state will help. I can assure you I'm no lefty either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
            Huh? Benefits can be claimed by anyone who needs them. If you've got 50k in the bank, you don't need them. Can you imagine what the tax bill would be like if the "hard-working, self-sufficient man or woman" had to support everybody who was out of work, regardless of bank balance? We would be paying out for all those MPs who have quit for a start.

No mate - if you have a bank full of money, use it. If you are hard up - then the state will help. I can assure you I'm no lefty either.
            If I had no money in the bank at all, I would be entitled to £0 Job Seekers Allowance because I had not paid any Class 1 NIC, despite paying shedloads of Class 2 and 4 NICs.

Idiot.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Reward failure and dependency. Punish enterprise and self-sufficiency.
              The system is absolutely bonkers.

Mr Profligate spends all his money, doesn't save a penny. Mr Cautious stashes a bit to try and look after himself in the hard times, forgoes himself and family of the little luxuries that Mr Profligate has spent his on.

Firm folds. Who does the state help? If you are going to try and be self sufficient you have to be sucessful at it from when you start to when you retire. Othewise you simply get punished for it.

Comment

If I had no money in the bank at all, I would be entitled to £0 Job Seekers Allowance because I had not paid any Class 1 NIC, despite paying shedloads of Class 2 and 4 NICs.

Idiot.
                You would claim Income Support.

Less of the Idiot - ****

Comment

Less of the Idiot - ****
                  If the cap fits, old boy.

Comment

If the cap fits, old boy.
                    I suggest you get your facts right before you resort to insults - I have a whole pile of them here. Old man.

Comment

I suggest you get your facts right before you resort to insults - I have a whole pile of them here. Old man.
                      Oh gawd another keyboard warrior.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                      X