• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People Per Hour site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks a sound idea and i'll maybe give it a whirl for one of my Plan B's.

Think they need to hire someone to look at their own site though - try hitting 'Find Work' at the top and then a 'Narrow by Category' option on the left. Not very good.

Comment

My mate ran something like this at Uni.

He took on coding jobs and then handed out the assignments to Uni students who finished the work. Generally they did 8 hours a week for say £100.

The problem was that so much time and effort went into chasing/examining the work that it was easier for him to do himself. Even simple functions that they wanted came back either wrong or not in the format they required.

Nice idea I don't think it'll take off. The overheads for companies would be massive.

Comment

and they charge a fair old whack for the services you provide.

• Monthly Fee Free £7.95 / month £14.95 / month
        • Commission Percentage 10.00% 5.50% 4.50%
        • Minimum Commission Fee £15 £10 £10
        • Number of bids per month 10 40 80
        • Service Categories 2 3 Unlimited
        • Purchase additional Bids (per bundle of 10) £5.95 £4.95 £4.95
        • Purchase additional service categories (Price per month) £5.95 £3.95 Free
        • Max No. skills listed in profile 10 15 20
        • Hosted portfolio 3Mb - 10 Files 10Mb - 15 Files 20Mb - 25 Files

I registered so I could see their charges.
        Last edited by mocha_01; 2 July 2009, 20:36.

Comment

The employer has chosen to only allow Providers from United Kingdom to bid on this project.
          Hello, my name is Justin from Walford. I have some questions please. Please do the needfull and revert.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Here we go again...

Ads Technosoft (kolkata, India) - SOFTWARE PANDIT
            Areas covered: USA,UK,
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X