• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you ever have a drink.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    I never ever drink before lunch unless:

-its early lunch
    -i'm at an airport about to go on holiday
    -it's christmas (champagne breakfast)
    -its a stag doo
    -it's a nice sunny summers day and im not working and have skipped breakfast due to late wake up going directly to lunch in a pub as im feeling lazy
    -it's my birthday, sometimes, mostly i'll stay in bed
    -i'm on holiday
    -it's a celebration of some sort (wedding day etc.)

so hardly ever really

. . . or it's the early 1990's and your daughter has kept you up all night with teething pains, it's morning light, and you're both at your wits end and dieing from sleep deprivation, and then (and just then) that couple of cans of lager in the fridge seem mighty attractive. Oh and some Phenergen for the daughter.

Aaaaaahhh!

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

P.S. Don't judge if you haven't been there.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      . . . or it's the early 1990's and your daughter has kept you up all night with teething pains, it's morning light, and you're both at your wits end and dieing from sleep deprivation, and then (and just then) that couple of cans of lager in the fridge seem mighty attractive. Oh and some Phenergen for the daughter.

Aaaaaahhh!

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

P.S. Don't judge if you haven't been there.

If you haven't been to bed it's still night-time
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Used to have a glass of vino & aromatic cig after night-shifts (08:00) in Amsterdam, when I used to do them. Straight out and up for the afternoon.
        Occasional day time sessions are great fun IMO, but I never had a problem with drinking.
        Bored.

Comment

If I'm on holiday I occasionally have a Bloody Mary with my breakfast if eating out. Apart from that I don't drink before lunchtime.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
          X