• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrified

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. I'm getting a bit irritated by this now....

I think that there has been misunderstandings from all sides on this one.

suityou01 - I can appreciate your situation yesterday - it was scary and you feared for your family's safety.

You did not help your cause however, by posting something from March about a small group of Muslim protesters surrounded by police and troops when in fact you should have posted this article about racists terrorising all residents of Luton yesterday.

People were not unsympathetic, they just didn't know (you certainly confused me) - you wanted them to be more alarmed on your behalf than they were.

I think that you should now stop this high-handedness and appreciate why people didn't react the way you wanted them to.

I'm sure they will now they know the facts.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Good to dsee that even on a bank holiday : a time of serenity and peace : cuk can still have a good argument.

Anything that attracts Ivor and Troll must be severe.

Anyone got any beer?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        ...and one of sasguru's sockpuppets
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          ...and one of sasguru's sockpuppets
          So that makes 3 of sasguru's sockpuppets in total?

Could I have some pork scratchings with my beer please?

Comment

Shouldn't we be getting used to being terrified in the years to come, what with things having barely started kicking off yet?
            Last edited by TimberWolf; 25 May 2009, 21:38.

Comment

[QUOTE=BrilloPad;851663]Good to dsee that even on a bank holiday : a time of serenity and peace : cuk can still have a good argument.

Anyone got any beer?[/QUOTE]

Heh he.
              Brillopad, today, on the hottest day of the year so far, you start posting from 7.22 am and continuously post ALL day (with a few hours break every now and then).

And what is your partner doing?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Had a barby at the in-laws and was driving home in the MPV with wife, 2 kids (4 and 2), mutt and me. Got to the outskirts of Luton, and as we entered the ring road we were surrounded by literally hundreds of people protesting. The were mounted police, in riot gear. All rather scary. The wife and kids got scared, and I was too, but did not show it. I told everyone to keep calm and wait for a gap to drive through.

The crowd were all Muslim protestors, or whatever the politically correct term is, protesting at this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...r-officer.html

For a few minutes we were waiting for the crowd to change mood, and the windows to come in.

Made me think, as there are plenty more large groups that have good reason to protest, and given the amount of things in the news that are seemingly worth protesting over, I never ever want to have my family in that kind of situation again.

I hope you have recovered now suityou01, it must have been a scary incident.
                I do think you sound like a bit of a delicate flower though, if you thought the demo was bad, try to imagine being on the receiving end of one of our cluster bombs in Iraq or Afghanistan.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I hope you have recovered now suityou01, it must have been a scary incident.
                  I do think you sound like a bit of a delicate flower though, if you thought the demo was bad, try to imagine being on the receiving end of one of our cluster bombs in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Yes, very delicate. What was bizarre was that after I posted I learned that it was essentially a march protesting at the protestors who protested at the returning soldiers back in March. On the local news there was a skin head in a green bomber jacket with 21 hole DMs protesting his innocence saying it was supposed to be a peaceful march.

The thing was, we were over the other side of town, and the swarm of people marching and surrounding our car had emanated from a predominately ethnic part of town, and were all wearing ethnic dress, and most had big long beards. I presume the two marches met at some point and this is when it all kicked off.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    The thing was, we were over the other side of town, and the swarm of people marching and surrounding our car had emanated from a predominately ethnic part of town, and were all wearing ethnic dress, and most had big long beards. I presume the two marches met at some point and this is when it all kicked off.
                    Perhaps it was a ZZ Top convention ?

Rhubarb.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
                      Perhaps it was a ZZ Top convention ?

Rhubarb.
                      Thats right. Looking forward to their new album, which features

'Sharp dressed Imam'
                      'Tube Shaped Boogie RPG'
                      'Got me under pressure - Osama'

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X