• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why did Newcastle Sack Allerdice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    A lot is made of Newcastle having great fans, but in the 80s they were getting gates of under 15,000 while languishing in the old division 2. I wonder if the fans will desert the club again?
    I've been saying that for ages, whenever the usual "world's best fans" line is trotted out.

After the game yesterday, a so-called expert on BBC Five Live had the audacity to say 'on the balance of the season Hull should have gone down'.

Sorry, but at the end of the season the table doesn't lie. Typical premiership bias from the pundits, they don't like any Championship sides staying up.

Comment

A lot is made of Newcastle having great fans, but in the 80s they were getting gates of under 15,000 while languishing in the old division 2. I wonder if the fans will desert the club again?
      The 80s were a long time ago, get over it. Besides many old division 1 clubs had low attendance in the 80s.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        There are 2 problems at that club: -

1) a small fraction of complete d*ck head fans who cry "sack the manager" or "sack the board" every time we loose a fu*king game. Ashley made a mistake by being influenced by them.
        Agreed but that's just the mentality of the nation these days. If you can't fix something in a month you should be replaced, preferably by letting the public vote in the replacement - true democracy

2) some of the lazy arse players like Owen, Martins, Ameobi who simply dont care enough.
        Never been impressed by Owen since he was last properly playing for England... getting on for a decade ago IIRC. Definitely after that bad injury I've never seen him do anything much.
        Never heard bad things about Ameobi though, and isn't he one of the long-term players you'd expect to stay and give experience to a new team?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

At least in Newcastle they can't really change sides, what with it being a proper club based right in the city centre. They might just get bored and leave but if they managed to stick around the last couple of seasons they must have a lot of grit. IF Shearer stays I'd expect more interest in the club, such is the level of hero-worship they have for him.

I wonder if he will stay, with the excitement of the World Cup next year, and his BBC coverage career (at which he is very good IMO). He has a huge amount to lose in the eyes of fans as well, and not a lot to gain...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

NU fans were the ones who got alladyce the boot. They were the ones who wanted him out and were going ape once wor kevin returned. That was where it went wrong. I think if Alladyce had stayed, yes this season would have been rough but at least they would have still beeen in the top flight. Then Alladyce could do what he does best and do his deals to get some good players into the squad, something NU were really lacking. The NU faithfull have to shoulder a lot of the blame for their clubs demise this season.

What Alladyce did with his time at Bolton with significantly less funds than he would have got at Newcastle was impressive. I just think that the 'best fans in the world' didn't give him enough time. Man U almost made the same mistake with Fergie back in 88.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              NU fans were the ones who got alladyce the boot. They were the ones who wanted him out and were going ape once wor kevin returned. That was where it went wrong. I think if Alladyce had stayed, yes this season would have been rough but at least they would have still beeen in the top flight. Then Alladyce could do what he does best and do his deals to get some good players into the squad, something NU were really lacking. The NU faithfull have to shoulder a lot of the blame for their clubs demise this season.

What Alladyce did with his time at Bolton with significantly less funds than he would have got at Newcastle was impressive. I just think that the 'best fans in the world' didn't give him enough time. Man U almost made the same mistake with Fergie back in 88.
              WHS

And what's so good about Shearer? No managerial experience anywhere, let alone the premiership. Ashley only hired him because he's a Geordie Messiah and he'd mute the fans.

BTW Fergie was 1990, wasn't it? They won the cup and saved his job. I always admired the chairman at the time (Martin Edwards) for sticking with him through a couple of years of crowd unrest. Now imagine if those Man Yu fans, like Newcastle's, had got their way...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                WHS

And what's so good about Shearer? No managerial experience anywhere, let alone the premiership. Ashley only hired him because he's a Geordie Messiah and he'd mute the fans.

BTW Fergie was 1990, wasn't it? They won the cup and saved his job. I always admired the chairman at the time (Martin Edwards) for sticking with him through a couple of years of crowd unrest. Now imagine if those Man Yu fans, like Newcastle's, had got their way...
                Probably was 1989-1990 season - They won the cup winners cup in 91 and it was the FA Cup win the season before which got them into the competition - I just got my dates wrong.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Newcastle, the club, its fans and its owner should ditch the sentimental posturing and get in some external (probably foreign as there is no home grown talent) hard-headed manager with a track record
                  What the feck does Shearer know about management - he should go back to being a pundit, he's semi-good at that.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Newcastle, the club, its fans and its owner should ditch the sentimental posturing and get in some external (probably foreign as there is no home grown talent) hard-headed manager with a track record
                    What the flip does Shearer know about management - he should go back to being a pundit, he's semi-good at that.
                    The problem has not been the manager though has it.
                    Robson was a good manager but wasnt allowed to run the club how he wanted, Keegan has a certain level of talent but wasnt allowed to run the club how he wanted and Fat Sam has had a sccess or two but.......
                    It would seem that the owner wants too much control over club management. As Sal says, he has done a lot for the club, but he is probably the cause of managerial problems. He needs to step back and let the manager get on with it.

Agree about Shearer, but a few have jumped in the deep end of management and done a good job.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X