• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The programme managers are avoiding me

the answers to all lifes questions are to be found in the bible

now **** off and read it

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      Girls... girls enough any way back to my dilemma.. I have now find out that major Programmes have been kicked off without a clear idea of what was to be delivered, no business case, no idea what the tangible and intangible benefits are and so on.... Now the Programme Managers are avoiding me. What a mess!!
      I think they used to call it herding cats?

Comment

Sounds like Contractor heaven. Where is it? Where is it?
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
          the answers to all lifes questions are to be found in the Bible
          Indeed. You are quite right there EO - do you recommend a particular verse? Proverbs 14:7 perhaps?
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

its the book in the old testament that compares COTS with in-house development
            superceded by Saul then Paul in the new testament.

On the other hand maybe this proves just how stupid it is to claim that one ancient book has the answers to everything. It answers nothing. Unless one suffers from delusions.

Go and pray - maybe that will work.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

major Programmes have been kicked off without a clear idea of what was to be delivered, no business case, no idea what the tangible and intangible benefits are and so on
              What's the problem? I'd be shocked if a major programme had been started with a properly defined business case and clear mandate.

You should offer to help 'guide' the programmes back on course...otherwise the whole thing will be an utter failure, shares will fall, people will be held to account, etc.

Btw, can I interest you in Voron Consulting Ltd; guaranteed to bring incompetence to the core of your business

Comment

Go and pray - maybe that will work.
                EO you are on fire today!!! What an inspired suggestion. Whenever I get off track I can always trust the self styled "atheists" to remind me of the Biblical truths.!!!!
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Sorry Chico

I think you will find that the Atheists are trying to point out that when you get a real problem the solution is not to be found in an ancient book or in prayer

the solution is to be found in asking experienced friends or colleagues for advice, or in getting hold of some really useful books.

If the bible or prayer had solved your dilemma you wouldnt have come here for advice , would you
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Sorry Chico

I think you will find that the Atheists are trying to point out that when you get a real problem the solution is not to be found in an ancient book or in prayer

the solution is to be found in asking experienced friends or colleagues for advice, or in getting hold of some really useful books.

If the bible or prayer had solved your dilemma you wouldnt have come here for advice , would you
                    Ah EO you are incorrect. Dilemma has been resolved. Prayer and the good book did reveal the way forward. Youmay notknow this but God is the best best business strategist, lawyer, accountant etc there is.

Chico in "I had a business dilemma resolved by prayer today" mode
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Ah EO you are incorrect. Dilemma has been resolved. Prayer and the good book did reveal the way forward. Youmay notknow this but God is the best best business strategist, lawyer, accountant etc there is.

Chico in "I had a business dilemma resolved by prayer today" mode
                      Feck me. And this guy is supposedly in a responsible job in IT (or so he claims). No wonder the IT industry is fooked. Anyway that's good - more senior roles for those who apply logic and rationality to solving problems, and thus deliver successfully.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X