• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakdowns; heavy, man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    What did your partner say?
    She’s a psychiatric nurse so she knows what she's doing. She basically picked me up and made me believe in myself again by showing me that she believed in what I can do; then as I got better she kicked me up the arse every time I started showing self doubt. Smart woman, and perhaps the most stable and sensible individual I have ever met.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I am still a member of the British Euthenasia organization.

Amazing that killing oneself can be so difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        She’s a psychiatric nurse so she knows what she's doing. She basically picked me up and made me believe in myself again by showing me that she believed in what I can do; then as I got better she kicked me up the arse every time I started showing self doubt. Smart woman, and perhaps the most stable and sensible individual I have ever met.
        Did you take pills?

My mum is a psychiatric nurse and she wholeheartedly disagreed with the tablet side of things. But she is old school, trained 30 years ago and times have moved on. Just interested to know what Mrs Mich suggested.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Losing it temporarily. Verging on suicide, doing something stupid to yourself and not really knowing what you’re doing during a very stressful period. I don’t mean someone who’s chronically depressed, but just screwed up very badly for a fairly short time (weeks or months but not years). Doing a Reggie Perrin, if you like, and then collapsing in a heap of emotional weakness.
          Very well summed up, I am also not ashamed to say it. I am not proud of what i did but feel that there is a way forward just depends on if my vision is shared by others.

Thank you all

Pleomax
          Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Did you take pills?

My mum is a psychiatric nurse and she wholeheartedly disagreed with the tablet side of things. But she is old school, trained 30 years ago and times have moved on. Just interested to know what Mrs Mich suggested.
            No. Exercise helped. I started training again after about a month’s break. Very light at first, but quickly started pushing myself in ‘orrible cross training and interval sprint sessions; the kind that leave you lying on the ground gasping for breath but then give you a huge endorphin rush. I was lucky to be at a rugby club with a very good fitness coach who also works as a personal trainer helping people with confidence problems. He’s become a very good friend and each week we do an evening’s voluntary work together helping children who are bullied at school; I do some of the physical training work and he does the psychological side.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

No. Exercise helped. I started training again after about a month’s break. Very light at first, but quickly started pushing myself in ‘orrible cross training and interval sprint sessions; the kind that leave you lying on the ground gasping for breath but then give you a huge endorphin rush. I was lucky to be at a rugby club with a very good fitness coach who also works as a personal trainer helping people with confidence problems. He’s become a very good friend and each week we do an evening’s voluntary work together helping children who are bullied at school; I do some of the physical training work and he does the psychological side.
              Agree with you - I took up Karate when I went off the rails - made a massive difference. The pills just didn't work for me. I also think the CBT side of things was great. Recognising patterns in my thought process was tough to come to terms with but works, as does keeping a diary
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Agree with you - I took up Karate when I went off the rails - made a massive difference. The pills just didn't work for me. I also think the CBT side of things was great. Recognising patterns in my thought process was tough to come to terms with but works, as does keeping a diary
                Umm, wouldn't you be better suited for judo?

Just asking like. Don't karate kick me in the nuts at the drinks pls ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Recognising patterns in my thought process was tough to come to terms with but works, as does keeping a diary
                  patterns, or cycles ?
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Hai-Ya!

Souldn't really upset you should I?

<makes a run for it humming 'The drugs don't work'.....>
                    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      patterns, or cycles ?
                      Whooooah there EO. You're entering dangerous territory by asking what's going on in a woman's mind. Be very careful, and make sure you wear protective clothing first before you embark on this undertaking ...
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X