• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Celebrity C**ts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gail From Coronation street lording it up in Selfridges Manchester. Tried to jump a queue "Do you know who I am?" she says to the assistant, who uses the classic line "Why Dear? Can't you remember?"
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

zeitghost. I called him a 'diamond geezer' and for some reason he went off on one and ate me.

I got better, obviously.

Comment

My local (when I couldn't be bothered to walk any further) used to be the Fitzroy Taverern in Charlotte Street W1 back in the mid-1980s.

A crap and expensive pub even then, but always been popular with luvies and arty types. Dylan Thomas used to hold court there. Lots of TV company offices around that neck of the woods so always lots of 'faces' to gawp at.

Spotted celebs too numerous to mention in there, in various states of inebriation.

Some of those I actually engaged in conversation were: -

David Jason - nice chap, friendly and polite, not at all full of himself. Used to pop in quite regularly. I think he said he used to be an electrician at the Hoover factory in Perivale.

Ray Winston - an arrogant, big-mouthed prat of the first water. With B.O. too!

Lenny Henry - A bit gawky and shy then, unlike the complete ego monster he has since become.

Denholm Elliott - an actual war hero. 'Mitch' (CBE) was a real gentleman. Died of AIDS - utterly tragic.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Dickie Davis, the sports presenter, a proper gentleman. I was on one of his TV quiz shows and he chaired the pre- and post- recording drinks himself.

Comment

For me it is Bryan Robson and Ray Wilkins. As a kid I went to an open day at Old Trafford where the players would turn up and you could collect their autographs, have a tour of the ground etc. You could tell who were the best players by their cars - Colin Gibson had a right old bag of cr@p!

I went by myself but ended up hanging around with a couple of other lads. Then Bryan Robsons silver jag pulls up right outside the part which used to house the original club shop with Wilkins as a passenger. Bingo - 2 of the top stars for the price of 1. Robson said that he'd sign the autographs when he came out in about 20 mins. 3 effin hours later him and wilkins stumbled out with a toddler each. They ran - ran to Robsons car, lobbed the kids in the back and then started to drive off. I was stuck at the front of his car with a load of other fans pushing me towards his Jag while hes jag was pushing my legs the other way. Eventually the jag made it through leaving me with sore legs. The ******

I got to pick up the FA cup that day though. I ran down the tunnel (when it was near where Fergie and co sit) and ran out on the pitch waving my arms like a loon and got a booming voice through the tannoy 'get off the pitch'. Then I waited to have my picture taken with the FA cup and when it was my turn was told not to touch it (too late) and the was told where to go when I told the guy taking the pictures that I had no money.

At least I've picked it up which is more than most footballers.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

An old flatmate of mine was a part time clown for Gerry Cottle's Circus. One day, I gave him a lift up to Pinewood studios where he was due to appear in a skit on the Hale and Pace show. It turned out that the slot I had parked my car in belonged to Dickie Attenborough. Big mistake. Out he came and subjected me to the blueist tirade I'd every experienced. He was absolutely apoplectic. What a prima donna. What a c**t!

Comment

I was staying in a hotel next to Norwich airport 13 years ago. My ex lefy restaurant to go up to room while I paid bill. When I left I noticed a group with an odd atmosphere. There was some little bloke blocking door so I just pushed past him. When I got to room my ex says "did you see Gary Numan?". Seems I pushed him out of the way.

Sorry Gary. Actually I'm not : you did some good songs but no reason to go blocking doors......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I was staying in a hotel next to Norwich airport 13 years ago. My ex lefy restaurant to go up to room while I paid bill. When I left I noticed a group with an odd atmosphere. There was some little bloke blocking door so I just pushed past him. When I got to room my ex says "did you see Gary Numan?". Seems I pushed him out of the way.

Sorry Gary. Actually I'm not : you did some good songs but no reason to go blocking doors......
                  Ha ha! That's just the sort of place Gary Numan would be: blocking a door in a hotel next to Norwich airport.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Ha ha! That's just the sort of place Gary Numan would be: blocking a door in a hotel next to Norwich airport.

Apparently he is a keen pilot and is often seen at Norwich airport. No idea what the f**k he was doing in the hotel next door. Trying to annoy the public? Hoping that someone will recognize him? Hanging out with his mates?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Hanging out with his mates?
                      Highly unlikely. He hasn't had any mates since 1978.

Comment

Working...
                      X