• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know anything about a scheme (loophole) to avoid stamp duty on a house?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Millionaire Dimprawn (TM) still can't afford to upgrade out of Swindon.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

I'll get out of the ghetto soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

Well he tries to, but then he wakes up in his ex-council house and realises it's all a dream - he's not really a millionaire
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I'll get out of the ghetto soon enough.
          swindon to surrey
          Has it been done before ?

Comment

When my dad bought a 'Finca' in Spain he paid about 60,000 Euro for a 10 year old 4x4 that just happened to come with the property, lucky for him the 'Finca' cost him about 58,000 Euro less than the original asking price.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Stamp duty does not apply to companies, only individuals.
              Fair enough, I like to learn new stuff.

That's completely nuts of course.

Comment

I bought my house from my parents for just under the stamp duty threshold and gave them the rest in £20 notes in a carrier bag. Worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  swindon to surrey
                  Has it been done before ?
                  Only by bicycle.
                  I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

If you're talking 20k in SDLT that would imply a purchase price of £500k. So it's pretty close to a bit less than £500k where the tax is "only" 3%. I'm sure a small enough side deal on the non fabric could be done in these circumstances.

If not an agent I know has referred people to a place called, I think, avoidstampduty (how imaginative). I don't know how well it works though.

Seems to me that spending 15k on legals to end up 5k ahead overall isn't a risk I'd want to take. 5k to save 15 maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post

Seems to me that spending 15k on legals to end up 5k ahead overall isn't a risk I'd want to take. 5k to save 15 maybe.
                      Maybe hes done the math allready and its spend 15k to save 35k (hence the 20k figure).

anyway. Here they are: http://www.avoidstampduty.com/
                      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                      X