• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

X-factor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not So Wise
    Things like x-factor is something the americans do better than the British, though think that is due to a larger talent pool to select from.
    Except for girls aloud cannot think of a single UK modern talent show winner who managed to pull off more that one semi successful album, hell most did not even manage one.
    Now I'm not a massive fan of these guys, but I believe Will Young is worth 8 mil, and his mate GGGGaz around 5 mil. Lamar - blatently the best from Fame Acadamy, though didn't win - seems to be making quite a career for himself, picking up severl MOBO awards. Didn't Chaz & Dave appear on Bob Says Opportunity Knocks once?

That fat monkey Michel Macdonalds-Bic-Mac-please was obviously never gonna make it, but to continually tar everyone with the same brush is quite lame.

Comment

"Except for girls aloud cannot think of a single UK modern talent show winner who managed to pull off more that one semi successful album"

Will Young.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Bovvered
        They are all crap? mmmm, OK. Not saying there are serious Marvin Gaye contenders in there but at least 50% of them have pretty good voices. They may not all be stars but that's just a little naive - or maybe even jealous, or perhaps immature, or something else along those lines - to label them "all crap" with a single brush stroke.
        I guess my expectations are higher than yours then.

Yes, most of the finalists can sing OK, but this is about having an X Factor not just being able to sing in tune and wear a nice frock.

To have the X Factor I would have though originality of style and voice was essential, they must also have presence. Most of the contenders on this show have neither of these characteristics. They all sound like someone else or don't project themselves very well or no better than the average popwhimsical.

Would you want to compare Chico or whatever her name is to Kate Bush? Nah, I thought not.

Comment

durrrr, perhaps that is why it's a competition, to get rid of those who don't have the 'X-Factor'? Not all 12 in the finals are winners, only one. They are certainly not, "all crap" though as you originally said.

Comment

This show has passed me by. I understand it is a talent show, but what is the X-factor angle all about?

Comment

Working...
            X