• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Headhunted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought for permie jobs the salary was unaffected by agent's margin.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I thought for permie jobs the salary was unaffected by agent's margin.
      You really are Not All There are you?

Everything is affected by the agent's margin. The company can spend x groats on finding, recruiting and paying someone. Therefore the salary is x-the other costs.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        You really are Not All There are you?

Everything is affected by the agent's margin. The company can spend x groats on finding, recruiting and paying someone. Therefore the salary is x-the other costs.
        Mitch

You have had just one too many kicks in the head at the bottom of the ruck.

The agents fees are three stage payments and they are not deducted from the candidates pay. Clients usually deduct headhunter fees from their IT contractors budgets
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Clients usually deduct headhunter fees from their IT contractors budgets
          Quelle surprise

Comment

If you are a contractor the agent tries to screw your rate down
            If you are a permie, they try to jack your rate up

thats what I always thought

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I thought EO was right because I thought the agents get an introduction fee for Permies which is a percentage of what they earn I think so the more the better.

With contractors they seem to do what they want, although I think the general rule of thumb is that they agree a rate for the contractor and then their % markup is on top, but I think we all know that not all of them are that honest.

I've seen one agency with a 110% markup (based on actual invoices vs contractors invoice) although the client thought they were paying 10% markup, however that agency was booted as soon as they found out.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Mitch

You have had just one too many kicks in the head at the bottom of the ruck.

The agents fees are three stage payments and they are not deducted from the candidates pay. Clients usually deduct headhunter fees from their IT contractors budgets
                That's how it worked when I was a hiring manager. We set the salary. Agency fee was on top of that. ( Purchasing would negotiate a discount off the standard agency rate, and the agent would negotiate the salary up, thereby negating the discount and making the new employee more expensive than if purchasing had let well enough alone. Everyone was happy. )
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I was genuinely headhunted once.
                  I guess they didn't catch you then. Or did you manage to re-attach your little shrunken head?
                  Bored.

Comment

Headhunter from Borneo negotiates margin with DA.

Comment

Working...
                    X