• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acupuncture - have you tried it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    Mark Chapter 16 vs 15 to 19 Linky
    Thanks FSM with Cheddar. I've now converted to Christianity, thanks to your evangelistic technique.

( But lets not derail the discussion - it's people who think that their wierd and wacky beliefs are amenable to science who need the ridicule, not people who accept that it isn't ).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Are you a Zeity sockpuppet?
      Hay I've never had a lizzard up my
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
        Hay I've never had a lizzard up my
        Why are your eyes moving that way then?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I had physio treatment after a slipped disk in my neck. Great stuff. And I'll readily concede that sticking needles into muscles and the subsequent manipulation might work. It's all the crap about Chi and meridians that's just "woo".
          I don't remember any of that - the Dr (It was a real medical one, not the other kind) shoved a few needles in me, attached an electric thingy and zapped me for 15 mins. Et voila.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by LazyFan View Post
            For another view based on a scientific approach why not try some real skeptics view of acupuncture here: http://www.ukskeptics.com/acupuncture.php
            It's a shame they cannot spell sceptic.

Only creationism hasn't killed as many people as homeopathy.
            Yet. Just give those Merkin baptists some more time...

I don't remember any of that - the Dr shoved a few needles in me, attached an electric thingy and zapped me for 15 mins. Et voila.
            That's not acupuncture, it is muscular electroconvulsive therapy.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              That's not acupuncture, it is muscular electroconvulsive therapy.
              It is?

Oh well, I'll sit out of this one then ... so why did he call it acupuncture instead of "muscular electroconvulsive therapy"?
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

There is scientific evidence that sticking needles into the skin close to pain receptors does have some benefits, but that doesn't mean acupuncture works. Acupuncture contains all sorts of totally unprovable ideas about 'energy' - only if you believe in that stuff are you performing acupuncture.

Comment

It is?

Oh well, I'll sit out of this one then ... so why did he call it acupuncture instead of "muscular electroconvulsive therapy"?
                  Maybe he was worried that if he'd said "would you like some muscular electroconvulsive therapy", and you said "no", he'd have to have you sectioned for the procedure, and couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.

Comment

Maybe he was worried that if he'd said "would you like some muscular electroconvulsive therapy", and you said "no", he'd have to have you sectioned for the procedure, and couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.
                    Wouldn't you feel a bit of a p r i c k after asking for that?

Comment

Hmm, you can't say ***** on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X