• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shaving, wet or dry?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Just bought my teenage son a Braun - he prefers dry shaving and it seems kinder to his skin which is all important for teenagers.
    Even when the little blades pinch a zit?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Even when the little blades pinch a zit?
      I had forgotten about that pain.

<Eyes watering/>
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        mixing the 2 causes those unsightly rashes
        Eh? Where'd you get that from?

I electric shave day to day (when I can be bovvered) and wet shave for interviews / weddings / funerals.

If you suffer from rashes and wet shave:
        - thoroughly wash your face, neck and hands with soap;
        - do not bother rinsing off the soap, use it as the shaving foam;
        - wet shave;
        - rinse;
        - thoroughly wash your face and neck with soap;
        - rinse.

If you suffer from rashes and dry shave:
        - dismantle and clean your shaver;
        - if the insides are skanky, disinfect the cutters.

If you use disposable razors (e.g. Bic) and get rashes:
        - what do you expect? don't be so ******* tight and use a real razor, fool.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Grow a zz-top beard. Or get electrolysis.
          Eff me: ZZTop started on the radio at the precise instant that I read this! Spooky......

Comment

How many shaves do you get out of a razor blade? My disposables seem past their best after about half a shave.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              How many shaves do you get out of a razor blade? My disposables seem past their best after about half a shave.
              A stiff wind sees me smooth as a baby for a good while so my razor blades tend to last 6 or 7 shaves
              Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
              I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

wax your face and save a bundle on shaving

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I’ve found that the 3 blade Gilettes will manage 3 or even 4 shaves, Wilkinson Sword actually seem sharper to start with but are worthless after 2 shaves, and cheapo Lidl blades are useless after one shave. Again, cheapness always ends in negligence and all that…

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    wax your face and save a bundle on shaving
                    Yep, and pluck your nose hairs while you’re at it. Owwwwwweeeeeee!!!

Comment

1st choice: Barbers wet shave with a real razor ie "Cut Throat" - Special Occasions/Feeling flush

2nd choice:
                      Hot Face Wash
                      Lather with decent Shaving Soap applied with real Brush - and wait
                      Wet Shave with decent (and sharp) razor - with plenty of hot water

3rd:
                      Hot Face Wash
                      Lather with decent Shaving Soap applied with real Brush - and wait
                      Wet Shave with "a" razor - with plenty of hot water

4th:
                      Replace "decent Shaving Soap" with "just about anything soapy"

Last resort...... Well anything short of "scrape chin along tarmac/concrete surface"

Comment

Working...
                      X