• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Philip Green

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want to see some of the responses on Shout99 to the same topic.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Taxation spirit or rule?

Given that the treasury does everything that it can to extract as much money off the taxpayer as possible, that they have created an incredibly complex and expensive system to achieve this, then surely no one is obliged to pay tax unless they have to.

It is all very well saying that Philip Green is not playing according to the spirit of the laws, but quid pro quo, since when did the taxman ever not play hardball.

The fact that Green is so rich that he can get away without paying tax is great. As I said before the money that he keeps from the treasury is better spent by him than by the petty bureaucrats running the state.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

DA - I totally agree, but what bugs me is that he can create fancy tax avoidence schemes because he is rich enough to do so while the small business community is seen as fair game. How much tax would be due on 1.2 billion? Then compare that to the effect on sombodies life when the IR come knocking looking for retrospective taxes because the IR decided that the goal posts were not in the best tax gathering position.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          DA - I totally agree, but what bugs me is that he can create fancy tax avoidence schemes because he is rich enough to do so while the small business community is seen as fair game. How much tax would be due on 1.2 billion? Then compare that to the effect on sombodies life when the IR come knocking looking for retrospective taxes because the IR decided that the goal posts were not in the best tax gathering position.
          That is why people make themselves so rich. They wish to put themselves beyond the control of others. The likes of Philip Green are the ones that create the wealth and the jobs. The less money we hand over to the state the better.

Tony I think you need to get yourself a £100,000 per day contract (less my 20% of course! )
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
          X