• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A competent or honest business analyst...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I worked with a great BA once. He had, and claimed, no relevant business knowledge at the start of the project. But he was a good listener, and had common sense and neat handwriting. Actually that was 2 years ago, and the last project I worked on that came in more than a month before deadline.
    Why do you think that was? Was it the neat hand writing?
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      ...who just not hides his incompetence under the "big picture" excuse. Will I ever meet one before I retire?
      I've worked with several very good Business Analysts, in fact thinking about it the good have outnumbered the bad by at least 10 to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        I've worked with several very good Business Analysts, in fact thinking about it the good have outnumbered the bad by at least 10 to 1.

Yeah but in Francko's world everyone is incompetent, except himself.
        We all know deluded people like him, don't we ?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Yeah but in Francko's world everyone is incompetent, except himself.
          We all know deluded people like him, don't we ?
          No, not really. If I have to count I would say you and a few people I can count with a couple of hand fingers.

However if I have to give a proportion of good to bad people (ok how many good ones out of 10) I would say:

support people 8/10
          technical people 7/10
          business analysts 3/10
          project managers 2/10

Perhaps this might have to do because the roles of PM/BA require more skills than the others, in fact reading this list it might be read this way (the lower you go the easier is to find qualified people). Nonetheless if you are not qualified for that role nobody forced you to take it.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

No, not really. If I have to count I would say you and a few people I can count with a couple of hand fingers.

However if I have to give a proportion of good to bad people (ok how many good ones out of 10) I would say:

support people 8/10
            technical people 7/10
            business analysts 3/10
            project managers 2/10

Perhaps this might have to do because the roles of PM/BA require more skills than the others, in fact reading this list it might be read this way (the lower you go the easier is to find qualified people). Nonetheless if you are not qualified for that role nobody forced you to take it.
            A prime example of "AtW syndrome", whereby people of modest ability and average IQ get so excited that they can write a computer program that they assume this is the highest level skill it is possible for a human being to have.

Members of this species tend to be lower-powered, lower-paid, unrespected monkeys buffeted by the winds of economic chance.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

The proof that you don't even read what people write...

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              A prime example of "AtW syndrome", whereby people of modest ability and average IQ get so excited that they can write a computer program that they assume this is the highest level skill it is possible for a human being to have.

Members of this species tend to be lower-powered, lower-paid, unrespected monkeys buffeted by the winds of economic chance.
              support people 8/10
              technical people 7/10
              business analysts 3/10
              project managers 2/10

Perhaps this might have to do because the roles of PM/BA require more skills than the others,
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

The proof that you don't even read what people write...

I don't listen to mere techies, no.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X