• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

**** it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    It was working on a dull maintenance project for a bank that was killing me.
    I cant believe you said that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Best of luck - my big idea plan B - estimated to make a lot of money - turned into Plan 9 from Outer Space
      Cheers.

I am fairly sure there is revenue from this, there is just some more hard slog up to the summit and a bunch of decisions I have to get mostly right for it to work.

If anything it has been the most exciting software project I have worked on in years. 7 years I have contracted and it has mostly been working with a bunch of ass monkeys. The financial contract market in Scotland is now dead and if this fails I will be back to a perm role for 35,000 grand a year for the rest of my life. That is was drives me now.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I will be back to a perm role for 35,000 grand a year for the rest of my life. That is was drives me now.
        35,000 grand is a lot of money....

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Let's not document or share knowledge.
          What does this have to do with contracting or anti-contracting - I have found this to be a problem in every time of organisation.

Now all I have to think about is where to store the stock, or whether to store the stock at all.
          I have heard that 'drop shipping' is the best way of selling things - that way someone else has to wrap up and label the package and post it!

Cheers

PS good luck with the new arrival
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Cheers.

I am fairly sure there is revenue from this, there is just some more hard slog up to the summit and a bunch of decisions I have to get mostly right for it to work.

If anything it has been the most exciting software project I have worked on in years. 7 years I have contracted and it has mostly been working with a bunch of ass monkeys. The financial contract market in Scotland is now dead and if this fails I will be back to a perm role for 35,000 grand a year for the rest of my life. That is was drives me now.
            In a slack permie job you can still find up to 20 hours a week for a Plan B if it's going somewhere depending on family stuff. Or, if there's code to churn out you could pay a cheapo coder to do it
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Definately no sex industry related stuff.
              Why ever not? Money for old rope. You can then use the generated funds to do 'better' things, like buy a few fish'n'chip shops.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I think he meant going down the old rent boy route, Threaded.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Hmm...flash of understanding....Is the Pet Shop Boys song, "I Love You (You Pay My Rent) about rent boys ?
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    Why ever not? Money for old rope. You can then use the generated funds to do 'better' things, like buy a few fish'n'chip shops.
                    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    I think he meant going down the old rent boy route, Threaded.
                    How do you think old "Sore Arse" Threaded made his money? It wasn't all Cray Supercomputers and "Time Machines" when he first started out ya know!

He is ex-public school so perhaps he should stick with what he knows best.

Comment

What a bummer !

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X