• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is Wilmslow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Shush, I think he's gone!

At least between post 12999 and 13000 we had 3 months of relative peace round here.......

Comment

Please don't encourage AtW to leave - His expertise is handy on a whole range of topics, including but not limited to PC hardware, squirrel care, and economics (although to benefit from his gems on the last, you need to take the opposite view to whatever he claims).
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Please don't encourage AtW to leave - His expertise is handy on a whole range of topics, including but not limited to PC hardware, squirrel care, and economics (although to benefit from his gems on the last, you need to take the opposite view to whatever he claims).
        He is also very good at "my lunch" and "placeholder SKA news" threads....

Comment

He sometimes treats this place like his own personal Twitter account, but he isn't the only culprit.

Now about my lunch today ...
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I want a new story
            The other day there was a spider in the bath.

It was only a small one so I ignored it.

A day or two later I put a towel over the side of the bath so it could get out if it wanted to.

It was a pale blue towel. It is getting quite old as we have had it a while. But it was pale blue when new.

It doesn't go with the colour of the bathroom. The towel, that is.

We do have other towels that are other colours. Some of them match each other, except they are different sizes.

There are flannels too. Some of them match some of the towels. Some do not.

We keep them in the airing cupboard, which is a funny name for a cupboard. There is no draught in there but there is air in there, lol.

Earlier today I went for a wee and looked to see if the spider has escaped.

I had wondered before that whether the spider might go under the towel and then I would have thought it had escaped when it hadn't.

I also wonder whether they ever go down the plughole, see the water and came back up. Or whether they do not do that.

So that was all very interesting excitement for the past few days.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              The other day there was a spider in the bath.

It was only a small one so I ignored it.

A day or two later I put a towel over the side of the bath so it could get out if it wanted to.

It was a pale blue towel. It is getting quite old as we have had it a while. But it was pale blue when new.

It doesn't go with the colour of the bathroom. The towel, that is.

We do have other towels that are other colours. Some of them match each other, except they are different sizes.

There are flannels too. Some of them match some of the towels. Some do not.

We keep them in the airing cupboard, which is a funny name for a cupboard. There is no draught in there but there is air in there, lol.

Earlier today I went for a wee and looked to see if the spider has escaped.

I had wondered before that whether the spider might go under the towel and then I would have thought it had escaped when it hadn't.

I also wonder whether they ever go down the plughole, see the water and came back up. Or whether they do not do that.

So that was all very interesting excitement for the past few days.

So, did you find the spider?
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

So, did you find the spider?
                Sorry, only one story per day.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Wilmslow news

http://www.wilmslowexpress.co.uk/new..._earners_in_uk
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                  X