• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Haircut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never tipped when I get a hair cut, its a simple cut.

I go every 3 weeks for a trim, same lass cuts it. But its someone else tonight as the main one is on holiday

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Yes. Saved me at least £600 in whores. Do you think I should have bought two?
      I reckon its a bargin.

Do they have a choice?.... Size, Colours etc
      And whats thier returns policy like.....

I'm OK about taking it back if its "wrong" but from previous experience buying stuff from Argos far too often they take back any old clapped out rubbish and just shove it back out to the next punter.......

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        I reckon its a bargin.

Do they have a choice?.... Size, Colours etc
        And whats thier returns policy like.....

I'm OK about taking it back if its "wrong" but from previous experience buying stuff from Argos far too often they take back any old clapped out rubbish and just shove it back out to the next punter.......
        Which ever model you buy it is always right....... for you alledgedly.

I returned the first Mrs BP : I feel soory for the next punter who gets her. 2nd time round I got a far superior model...

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          You've never been married to a woman have you?
          It hasn't been legal up until recently.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I went to the same place with the same woman cutting it for 13 years including me moving house twice but she left the salon and so I stopped going there. Always tipped and I used to get invites to staff's parties etc. I did go to my stylist's 25 th birthday.

Comment

I spent a fair bit on a haircut from a posh shop. It was worth it for the 10 minute head massage after she'd washed it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Always a plus!!
                And you feel more relaxed when you get the bill!
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Mrs BGG and I tend to go in together. We both spend about 3-4 hrs each, having bleaching and colour work, then cutting.

Admittedly, mine doesn't need a lot of cutting, as I've been growing it long for the last 4 years now, just a tidy up at the back and cutting a 1/2 inch off for split ends.

Typically it's around £200 for the pair of us, plus an extra £20 tip.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I'll splash out £5 max if I have an interview coming up. Otherwise the missus does it when she thinks it's scruffy.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      I don't go often but the last time I had a cut, highlights and colour and left £150 lighter.
                      Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                      Mrs BGG and I tend to go in together. Typically it's around £200 for the pair of us, plus an extra £20 tip.
                      Jesus Christ Almighty!

For that I'd want a sexually transmitted disease, a hangover and a limp for a week.
                      Last edited by BrowneIssue; 7 May 2009, 20:53.
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X