• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Haircut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    tut tut.... you should really leave a tip (assuming you like your haircut, that is!)

tut tut to you too....
    Yep always tip the person who washes it and the person who cuts and dries it - providing you're happy with the service of course
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      It's worth while getting a good cut done by a competent stylist - and that costs.
      I don't dye my hair (I just let the sun lighten it ) or perm it (naturally very straight) but I rely on a good cut to make the most of what I have.
      I love my current cut and have had many compliments about it, so it was well worth the money

BTW Mr P pays more than me for his haircut and looks like a ginger scarecrow!
      I only recently started putting highlights in mine again so that bumps the cost up a bit. It's worth the money, not to mention the few hours in the salon with a couple of glasses of wine and a magazine... bliss!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        I don't go often but the last time I had a cut, highlights and colour and left £150 lighter. They did serve a decent plonk while doing their thing though
        Always a plus!!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

Comment

No I don't tip, the person who cuts it owns the place, so they are hardly hard up.

One thing I noticed when my hair was long and I'd go for a trim, I'd pay half what a woman would pay for the same service from the same person. Maybe it's because "a good cut form a competent sylist costs" (added value)
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

where?
            I was thinking of going to http://www.reubenwood.co.uk as gf chef raves about it so much..

.. although if I had Carmen cut my hair and massage the shampoo in I don't know if I'd be ready to stand up in under an hour..
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I only recently started putting highlights in mine again so that bumps the cost up a bit. It's worth the money, not to mention the few hours in the salon with a couple of glasses of wine and a magazine... bliss!
              Hmm sounds tempting, but I spent many of my formative years with pink/orange/white or blue hair that I'd probably demand some outlandish colour and forget that I'm not in my 20's anymore!
              I am a natural blonde - but over time its getting darker, I cant wait to start going grey, cos then my hair will get lighter again
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Yep always tip the person who washes it and the person who cuts and dries it - providing you're happy with the service of course
                I never have it washed, I always go straight after getting out of the shower so don't see the point and so only tip at the end..

If you have it washed, dried/cut, when do you tip the different people?

Comment

Chef, do you like the music of S-Club 7?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Chef, do you like the music of S-Club 7?
                    No

I like the band Elbow mostly, but if by that you mean 'am I effeminate?', i'd also say no but I am curious about whether an expensive haircut is worth it and how things work in those type of salons..

HTH
                    Last edited by chef; 7 May 2009, 13:57.

Comment

tut tut.... you should really leave a tip (assuming you like your haircut, that is!)

tut tut to you too....
                      does this mean you'll slap my wrist?

Comment

Working...
                      X