• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm manager 60k salary or Contracting £400/day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon there are two types of permie folk on over 50k - those with technical knowledge, and those with wooly management/director roles - the nature of which you often can't quite tie down.

From what I've seen, the members of the former group tend to work long hours and are constantly stressed up to their eyeballs, and the latter group tend to work normal hours and attend pointless meetings where they get to eat free biscuits and sandwiches.

OP, It's probably wise to establish which of those categories this 60k role fits into before you go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
      Don't mind Francko, he's not the sharpest tool in the box.
      For example, he couldn't hack the City and had to leave.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        I think most of us here went contracting because we didn't want to do perm manager BS jobs did we ?
        but would having perm manager job on cv mean bigger contract rate in future?

Comment

[/B]
          Originally posted by chicane View Post
          I reckon there are two types of permie folk on over 50k - those with technical knowledge, and those with wooly management/director roles - the nature of which you often can't quite tie down.

From what I've seen, the members of the former group tend to work long hours and are constantly stressed up to their eyeballs, and the latter group tend to work normal hours and attend pointless meetings where they get to eat free biscuits and sandwiches.

OP, It's probably wise to establish which of those categories this 60k role fits into before you go any further.
          The latter category more often earn far more than £50K

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post

more the former, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              far
              triple

Comment

A candidate for a 60k/70k a year job at 30 and YOU ask US what to do. Wow, they really get value for money these days! I'd expect someone to think for themself on that money!
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  The latter category more often earn far more than £50K
                  Envy will get you nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    A candidate for a 60k a year job at 30 and YOU ask US what to do. Wow, they really get value for money these days!
                    well I know that more money would come in right now from doing the contract but I'm hoping that those who are older and wiser than me can offer some insight about the future prospects from taking those two different routes

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                      well I know that more money would come in right now from doing the contract but I'm hoping that those who are older and wiser than me can offer some insight about the future prospects from taking those two different routes
                      It depends on what you want. If you just want to get rich and have no friends, go and get an MBA from some overrated business school and bulltulip, backstab and arselick your way to the top of an investment bank or some boring multinational insultancy business.

If you want to enjoy life, earn a good living and still have someone to talk to in the pub, stick to contracting.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X