• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Catholics and birth control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Nope - no difficult moral decisions for me. I'm not yet at a point in my life where I could give a child a stable home so why would I bring a child into the world if I could not offer it even that.

It's a bit like the abortion issue. I could never comment on any womans decision to have an abortion as it has to be a personal and private decision. No out of touch old giffer in a museum in Rome can tell me that I shouldn't do something because God wouldn't like it.

Hmmmm - not sure if that rant will make sense to anyone other than me
    It makes enough sense to me. In fact I'd be more shocked by people who blindly follow the commands of an aging priest. They have some of them in Iran and the consequences aren't pretty.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      So come on, believers, why aren’t there more catholics than muslims? Have you all been ignoring the Papal Bull?
      Oh oh, don't get started on this topic you'll have the raving bigot out in a minute. Mind you, now I've posted on this thread he won't be long behind me.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        Mind you, now I've posted on this thread he won't be long behind me.
        Who - your sock puppet?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

It was all quite civilised up to now chaps.

Comment

Nope - no difficult moral decisions for me. I'm not yet at a point in my life where I could give a child a stable home so why would I bring a child into the world if I could not offer it even that.

It's a bit like the abortion issue. I could never comment on any womans decision to have an abortion as it has to be a personal and private decision.

No out of touch old giffer in a museum in Rome can tell me that I shouldn't do something because God wouldn't like it.

Hmmmm - not sure if that rant will make sense to anyone other than me

Edit - Ok - thinking about this now - I realise that I do know a woman who uses abortion more like contraception - which I think is wrong. One "mistake" I can believe/understand - anymore than that is stupidity.
            Makes perfect sense to me, Sweetie
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Oh oh, don't get started on this topic you'll have the raving bigot out in a minute. Mind you, now I've posted on this thread he won't be long behind me.
              Er - which one
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I'm afraid that church determinations on sexual conduct (especially RC - I mean, FFS, why take advice from a celibate?!) is as hypocritical as it is wrong.

Have we all heard Marcus Brigstockes Abrahamic faiths rant?

Comment

No out of touch old giffer in a museum in Rome can tell me that I shouldn't do something because God wouldn't like it.
                  Well done. What a bloody shame that those poor buggers in Africa do believe it and spread AIDS while producing children doomed to die.

But I'm sure God's ok with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    Have we all heard Marcus Brigstockes Abrahamic faiths rant?
                    Yes. Brilliant. 'Muslims, listen up my bearded and veily friends, calm down!'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      So come on, believers, why aren’t there more catholics than muslims? Have you all been ignoring the Papal Bull?
                      Because Catholic nuns cannot be seen to father children, which reduces the breeding population of Catholics. Because Catholic priests are not supposed to reproduce (so make do with little boys even more than arabs do) that reduces the breeding population. Because Catholicism teaches guilt whereas Islam teaches love, that delays the early breeding of Catholics without hindering the Moslems. Because Moslem men can have multiple wives, the sterile ones end up with none and the fertile blokes get their full quota, maximising the breeding rate. And because Moslem men can have multiple wives, if one wife is barren he can still breed.

Is this helping?

What else? Oh yes. Catholic missionaries tend to gain few converts because the Spanish conqistadores had a tendency to wipe out potential converts, and those that were converted were later massacred by USA-funded intervention in South American civil wars in huge numbers. Meanwhile Moslem converts tend not to be subjected to genocide on a continental scale.

Any more? Oh yes. Moslems tend to only quietly drown or bury alive their babies because of short term nationalistic, political pressures. Catholics do it from out-of-wedlock shame.

Next bigot, please?

Comment

Working...
                      X