• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finance cuts 'hit recovery hopes'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those highly paid city bankers actually members of the union?

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      Perhaps if Unite hadn't been so complicit and toothless over these redundancies this situation wouldn't have arisen. In their typical fashion all they are doing is sending a 'stongly worded message' to the big banks who, as usual, will acknowledge and then just ignore.

About time we had a few strikes I think.

"gave a flying tullip about private sector white collar workers"...

If they had been large scale transport sector workers, or blue collar manufacturing etc., methinks they would have been a bit more vocal than a strongly worded press release..

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        The Tories have an excellent opportunity to refloat this sinking ship with unpopular but commonsense measures.

More Executive Bailouts ?
        are you forgetting that labour has allowed the influx of uncountable numbers of parasites who will no doubt be voting for them.

i also note that there has been a spate of vote tampering cases in the midlands, thats the kind of thing that used to happen in pakistan and places like that. I wonder why we are now experiencing it?

Comment

I know some people at the bank where I worked for a year who are complaining that their bonuses for 2008 have been cancelled. They argue ´my department made a profit so I should get a bonus´. Being brought up among family businesses I’m not very sympathetic. I say that if the company as a whole is doing badly then nobody should get bonuses and everyone should work to improve matters; people who believe they are so bloody clever that they can ensure their department can run a profit while all around them are losing money should shut up, stop whingeing and go and start their own businesses; otherwise, shut up, stop whingeing and get back to their desks and do as they’re told. Same goes for civil servants when the country as a whole is struggling.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I like your attitude Mitch, pity you are not the boss of sasguru...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I know some people at the bank where I worked for a year who are complaining that their bonuses for 2008 have been cancelled. They argue ´my department made a profit so I should get a bonus´. Being brought up among family businesses I’m not very sympathetic. I say that if the company as a whole is doing badly then nobody should get bonuses and everyone should work to improve matters; people who believe they are so bloody clever that they can ensure their department can run a profit while all around them are losing money should shut up, stop whingeing and go and start their own businesses; otherwise, shut up, stop whingeing and get back to their desks and do as they’re told. Same goes for civil servants when the country as a whole is struggling.
              Yep, it seems that no matter what happens, people try and lay the blame elsewhere - even when it's all falling down around them - ask Gordon Brown

Comment

Working...
              X