• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi Churchill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Paras one side of the bridge, Marines on the other, MPs in the middle...
    Ah, good old British forces comradeship at it's best.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      Let me guess, he's either slagging off Rangers, the Royal Marines or me. Either way who cares, it was a great day and good welcome back for the lads.
      A good friend's brother is an officer in the 45 commando and that was his last tour of the army, he is a rabid Celtic fan, A few of my family have been in the marines as well and all go to Celtic park, my Father was in the army and wanted me to join the Royal Engineers after my BEng although I would never have passed my piss test.

Getting these guys down to Rangers is nothing more than pure manipulation of 20 guys that earn less than 20 grand a year to sell Rangers season tickets. 45 commando are based in Arbroath almost 100 miles away from Glasgow but yet all the local teams never bothered, all the teams that have done this in Britain have been barrack towns.

The whole of Scotland contributes to the army but no other team does this, the Rangers directors are trying to engage with the rangers fans sense of 'national identity'.

As I say, Rangers never done this when the stadium was packed, Korea, Aden, Falklands, Iraq etc but now Rangers are going bust it's pull the Army card and get the fans wanting to turn up to cheer the troops. Glad to see you fell for it?

I hope someone quotes this.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I hope someone quotes this.
        There ya go!

Happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          Twas a great game of football for them to watch.
          I believe it is done as part of their reassimiliation into civilised life. Next they have a fleeting visit to Gaza City, then a friday night in Mosside and finally a stroll through Bermondsey at pub kicking out time. You know it makes sense.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
          X