• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SasGuru was right all along. Apologies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I accept your retraction, now bugger off and annoy somebody else

I think you're confusing a retraction with an accusation of making things up.
    Lady argument tactics
    Think I'll hang around. After all the thread has my name in it.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I suspect the absence of a Saddam like figure allowing your entire family to be fed live through a mincing machine for daring to contemplate a change of administration at the next General Election might weigh heavy in the minds of many Iraqis. But can that really be classed as progress when one considers the fact that it is now perhaps more advisable to drink bottled water? All depends on your priorities I suppose.
      Plus I wonder what sort of ally he would have made against the Taliban, if we had gotten friendly with him again

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sigh, I remember this argument the first time round.

Here's the proof sas.
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...iraq-rout.html

EDIT: Maybe I have spent too much of my life looking at this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          Sigh, I remember this argument the first time round.

Here's the proof sas.
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...iraq-rout.html

EDIT: Maybe I have spent too much of my life looking at this forum.
          thanks for pointing out it wasn't me who talked about retreating and enfilading.
          I still think Iraq was a waste of time though.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The British will be forced to retreat from Iraq, they will suffer not a few casualties during the retreat , they will be enfiladed and they will have to launch an armoured diversion - SasGuru (or one of his sockies)
            He confused it with The Battle of Arnhem.

One would have thought that after extremely expensive paradrops of Luftwaffe in 1941 (Crete) such mass scale operations involving paratroopers won't be done - Axis certainly avoided it.

Comment

SasGuru was right all along. Apologies - my hairy @rse

The British will be forced to retreat from Iraq, they will suffer not a few casualties during the retreat , they will be enfiladed and they will have to launch an armoured diversion - SasGuru (or one of his sockies)

what a merde-bouche

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8026136.stm

Think it was Diver who 'predicted' this.

I remember him using the term 'enfiladed'.

Comment

I suggest finding someone who has had an account for ages, but never comes here now. That person is the most intelligent of the lot.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  I suggest finding someone who has had an account for ages, but never comes here now. That person is the most intelligent of the lot.
                  Agreed.
                  I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    thanks for pointing out it wasn't me who talked about retreating and enfilading.
                    I still think Iraq was a waste of time though.
                    Serious? No way...

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      Think it was Diver who 'predicted' this.

I remember him using the term 'enfiladed'.
                      Didn't SasGuru 'come out' and claim that diver was his sockie ?

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X