• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

its teachers at schools and colleges are crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cyberman
    The two of you have absolutely no idea what teachers have to do and the amount of work required to keep kids interested and motivated in school (especially secondary schools).

I would suggest that you do a bit more research before posting such rubbish ...

Oh sorry its CUK - the home of informed idiots.
    I agree that some teachers are like that - but there is good and bad in all professions.

My daughter struggled at school and was in the bottom set for some of her subjects and as a result she was in classes which were often disrupted by the nob heads. Each and every parents evening we complained that she never seemed to get any homework. One teacher actually said

'well at the start of the year I gave out homework but they never did it so after a while I just stopped'

The impression I got was that those with the lower academic ability often got a teacher with no interest in teaching and was just there to maintain discipline. Also kids in the lower sets suffer from the highest turnover of teaching staff.

As for prepping lessons - I would have thought that once you had your syllabus down then it goes into maintenace mode. Each year you adapt it to take into account changes in the syllabus.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
    X