• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

its teachers at schools and colleges are crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and from 1st April 2009 full time employees legally have 5.6 weeks (28 days) holiday a year including bank holidays.

May be there are other facts certain people need to check before posting.........
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Kids not attending school = teachers on holiday. Not.

Simple enough?

Comment

How's teaching for a plan B or C?

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6188480.ece

this idiot is in love with teachers for some reason

have spent days in busy hospitals and days in busy schools; teachers are the ones run off their feet. I was shocked recently to discover that a fine teacher who had just survived a grinding day of disruptive teenagers, a barrage of rudeness, even some mild violence, was paid just £27,000.

Doctors are highly paid and comparatively underworked; much of the NHS is a haven of calm compared with the average British secondary school. Doctors face nothing like the daily barrage of demands that a teacher faces.

Consultants work nowhere near as hard as teachers. NHS pay rocketed under Labour just as EU rules on working hours also kicked in, meaning that doctors are now working fewer hours, and fewer antisocial hours at night-times and weekends, than they used to. In one A&E department I recently spent the day in, they sat around much of the time with little to do (not today, I am sure, with a nation gripped by swine flu panic).

Teachers are as far as i have been able to tell are a lazy bunch of useless £$%%

spend a bit of money on teaching kids how to learn by themselves, throw in a few CBTs and close schools and colleges (universities however should get more funding, but those who are colleges in disguise should be closed)
          Alice Miles is absolutely spot on about the conservatives
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Do other members of the congregation not find it sad that they had to fall back on their grammatical training to attempt to parse what the title of this thread might possibly be about?

Interestingly, in Denmark, post WWII, they had this exercise to de-Germanify the language in an attempt to make it more 'Scandinavian', which results in the situation that this sentence would look grammatically correct, in Danish.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              How's teaching for a plan B or C?
              Dont.
              My son in law finished the training and started his probationary year last september. He is 33 and went to a nice school up in Edinburgh, he had a couple of weeks off with severe stress and finally jacked it in last week.

the kids are out of control, uncontrollable and run riot. They are nice sweet 10-11 year old mostly middle class.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Dont.
                My son in law finished the training and started his probationary year last september. He is 33 and went to a nice school up in Edinburgh, he had a couple of weeks off with severe stress and finally jacked it in last week.

the kids are out of control, uncontrollable and run riot. They are nice sweet 10-11 year old mostly middle class.

Hmm, so what's his plan B. Bus driver?

Comment

He's going back to being a carer for autistic dudes, up in Edinburgh.
                  Not much pay, not much career, but not much stress either

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Tube driver, sit on your arse all day, earn £30k...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      He's going back to being a carer for autistic dudes, up in Edinburgh.
                      Not much pay, not much career, but not much stress either

A deadly strain of swine fever might be the best thing that's happened in the UK since Maggie.

Comment

Working...
                      X