• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown responsible for crisis !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Well of course - all from of gambling are subject to taxation in the UK .
    No, gambling income is actually free of time - completely perverse attitude.

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    is a mere trifle compared to the vast amounts they have now received as Welfare/Bailout fomr the Government - ie Taxpayer.
    Of course that's the case - which is why Nu Liebor Govt should be put in the Tower for the next 50 years, it might not be attractive to the foreign tourists however I am sure UK nationals willing to pay some cash to see Brown, Blair et al in the Tower would bring sizeable revenues!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      The truth about a Labour government is coming out of a hedge fund manager in the Telegraph??? You are sad.

Comment

I brought Northern Rock shares after the Government guaranteed they would not let the bank go under (for a long term investment)

What irritates me is that the law was changed by the Government to not pay compensation. Personally I wrote the shares off as a bad luck and made a mental note never to vote labour

What I don't understand is what will happen when they re-float Northern Rock which is inevitable as they have been repaying their debts more quickly than expected and I believe owe a lot less than the likes of RBS or Lloyds.

I can see why this guy is unhappy but nobody could say he isn't looking after himself, although I hope he wins because I may benefit!

Comment

Originally posted by GardenGirl View Post
          I brought Northern Rock shares after the Government guaranteed they would not let the bank go under (for a long term investment)
          No - Govt only guaranteed that depositors won't lose out, that's a bit different from offering buy back of NR shares at any time!

Anyone who put money into NR after it was clear they were involvent deserve to look every penny of it, especially so given what NL did to Railtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by GardenGirl View Post

What irritates me is that the law was changed by the Government to not pay compensation. Personally I wrote the shares off as a bad luck and made a mental note never to vote labour

What I don't understand is what will happen when they re-float Northern Rock which is inevitable as they have been repaying their debts more quickly than expected and I believe owe a lot less than the likes of RBS or Lloyds.

I can see why this guy is unhappy but nobody could say he isn't looking after himself, although I hope he wins because I may benefit!

The NR share price will drop through the floor and there'll be another run on it by depositors whose money had gone from being government guaranteed and subject to AAA rating (via UK sovereign rating).

Northern Crock will die the death of a thousand cuts, I'm afraid. I find myself wondering however - if NR hadn't been in a Labour heartland (Geordieville) do we think that ZanuLab would've been so keen to save it...?

Comment

Working...
            X