• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women; how it works in restaurants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    In Britain we have to work!
    Have to get back to post on CUK
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

I haven't been to a restaurant in years, mostly because of the feelings of disgust and shame I feel when I see the bill and can't pay it. The closest I experience now is McDonalds and here I can empathise on service. The queues are occasionally too long and while queuing recently I had a worker scrote person direct me to an alternate queue that turned out to be the slowest out of the whole lot. If I had timed it, I think it would have been there at least 3-4 minutes. Nor did they seem to understand booking a table in advance or wine lists

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I haven't been to a restaurant in years, mostly because of the feelings of disgust and shame I feel when I see the bill and can't pay it. The closest I experience now is McDonalds and here I can empathise on service. The queues are occasionally too long and while queuing recently I had a worker scrote person direct me to an alternate queue that turned out to be the slowest out of the whole lot. If I had timed it, I think it would have been there at least 3-4 minutes. Nor did they seem to understand booking a table in advance or wine lists
        At least in McDonalds when you've finished scoffing your burger you don't have to wait an hour before you can leave.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

I can't stand waiting for the bill.
          I ask for the bill and if I am still waiting after five minuets then on goes my coat and I walk up to the till. It works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I bet you get staff discount as well
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
              I can't stand waiting for the bill.
              I ask for the bill and if I am still waiting after five minuets then on goes my coat and I walk up to the till. It works every time.
              I got up after lunch today, walked around and asked 3 members of staff if I could pay the bill and they all said 'I'm not authorised for the till'. I should just have walked out without paying.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I got up after lunch today, walked around and asked 3 members of staff if I could pay the bill and they all said 'I'm not authorised for the till'. I should just have walked out without paying.
                One diner I heard of had that happen to him. He was told unceremoniously to go back to his table and sit down and wait until someone came to allow him to pay the bill. He flatly refused, and while loudly proclaiming that he was happy to pay and would be in touch later to pay if they didn't take his money now, he walked out. At least he tried to: the doorman wrestled him back in, and made him wait.

Last laugh: the diner's name was Egon Ronay, and the review was not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Tell them, "I'm leaving now, either let me pay my bill or I won't pay".
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Last laugh: the diner's name was Egon Ronay, and the review was not very good.

Should he find himself in our neck of the woods he'll get a drink from me.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I whoheartedly agree with the original rant. Both my ex wife and current partner spend ages deciding in spite of having claimed to be ready. They also refuse to ever order anything in a restaurant until I've said what I'm having. As for paying - I walked out of watford gap services one night having eaten for free as no-one went anywhere near the till the whole time I was there.

Comment

Working...
                      X