• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you know when you have had enough ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't really put this down to self-control, but if I am out I am aware of the point that I have to stop drinking and get myself home.

That is not the same as rationing my intake so that I can stay out all night though.

Comment

When i have had enough i just stop, generally always have even when i was kid as never really enjoyed getting totally and utterly rat arsed as i just blank out rest of the night and never know if the massive hangover was worth it

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        U'm Scottish -
        Erm, I'm a big northern bloke.

However, I was sober on Saturday at the Ladies Night. Good job really as if I hadn't been I'd have twatted some big cheese who said something out of order - twice.

Oh well, I must be getting older. Notice I didn't say "more mature"!

Comment

If there's a gap in drinking, then I tend to stop. Otherwise, by the time I get to ~5 pints, I don't want any more.

Funny - if I'm at a restaurant that only sells 33cl bottled beer, I drink far less than at one that does draught pints. Down to the the timing I guess. If I drink slower, I drink less.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have an alarming capacity for vodka

But I do usually know when to stop and go for a taxi
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              I usually can tell when I've had too much when........I've vomited all over my trousers and shoes.
              Thats a pretty subtle pointer - and I think you are pretty astute if you manage to pick up on it every time....
              I bet there must have been a few times when you missed the nuances of projectile vomit and carried on as if nothing had happened
              ie Attempting to pull the heavenly angel at the bar.

NB Another "pointer" would be if you noticed that the heavenly angel was (amazingly) wearing exactly the same colour neon boob tube and wide belt as the ugly fat slapper you told your mates was the biggest minger in the place earlier......

More amazing still - the heavenly angel also seems to miss your "subtle pointer" and is still intent on playing tonsil tennis 30 seconds later - and she pays the £20 for the taxi to her place..............
              and

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                Thats a pretty subtle pointer - and I think you are pretty astute if you manage to pick up on it every time....
                I bet there must have been a few times when you missed the nuances of projectile vomit and carried on as if nothing had happened
                ie Attempting to pull the heavenly angel at the bar.

NB Another "pointer" would be if you noticed that the heavenly angel was (amazingly) wearing exactly the same colour neon boob tube and wide belt as the ugly fat slapper you told your mates was the biggest minger in the place earlier......

More amazing still - the heavenly angel also seems to miss your "subtle pointer" and is still intent on playing tonsil tennis 30 seconds later - and she pays the £20 for the taxi to her place..............
                and

Did you call her again, or did she just carve her number in your arm

Comment

No, I feel ill long before I get dangerously drunk. Quite unlike my brother who can throw up while laying in a stupor and a pile of sick. I'm not good at throwing up, it is very painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    Did you call her again, or did she just carve her number in your arm
                    No........ Errrrrrm I am chained up naked to a radiator in her basement..... its been 4 years now..... "I don't mind the language... its the beatings I don't need".....

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                      No........ Errrrrrm I am chained up naked to a radiator in her basement..... its been 4 years now..... "I don't mind the language... its the beatings I don't need".....
                      cool for cats?

Comment

Working...
                      X